Auto log off?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there any way in Jaguar to automatically log off a user after a given period of idle time? I'd like some way to help users who forget to log off when they're done with the computers. It takes some getting used to if you've never done it before, and people are slow to adjust to new habits. The sys prefs doesn't seem to have such an option. Are there any third-party toys that can do it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    I remember a screen saver module that would do nothing but log the user off. Unfortunately that would require setting it to be used by every user.

IMHO, OS X isn't a terribly friendly OS when it comes to computer lab settings.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    you could always set a password on the screensaver to have a person have to know in order to log back in. but that is the only workaround I know of.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    VersionTracker is my friend. There's a LogOut.saver someone wrote that does exactly that. It does seem to be a shortcoming of OSX that even root can't change people's control panel settings. But with just a handful of users, getting them all to do it isn't such a big deal. Anyway, Thanks!