Australian Girl "Returns From The Dead" After 5 Years.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html

I think this is a fascinating story. The age difference between her and her boyfriend is staggering, and how she kept herself hidden for so long is fascinating, yet disturbing.

She needs to be prosecuted, in my opinion. Her boyfriend is even in more trouble, AFAIK.

I'm most interested in hearing from all of you in Australia. What's the general public opinion about this? What do you specifically think?

Talk amongst yourselves.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm not sure she's committed any crime. I guess it's illegal for a minor to run away but that's a juvenile crime. Adults have the right to hide away and disappear if they want to. We don't know why she did it either. The boyfriend ... maybe. I don't know what the law is in Kangaroostan.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I don't think that she needs to be prosecuted. At the time she was 14, an age where people can suffer great instability. She is more a victim of herself than anything else.

The people sued was a serial killer, who is suspected to have kill three others women. His place is in jail anyway. It would be ridiculous to prosecute her in order to save a serial killer ass.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Apparently Downunder has the world record for people going missing. I think they even have a term for it. Such people are said to go "walkabout".

They have the highest rate of "vanishings" per 1000 head of population than any other country in the world.

Little wonder , huge parts of the country remain largely unpopulated.

It's a pretty big place to hide in with an area the size of USA & only 20 million people from coast to coast.