Can't install 10.2.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
First, my software update won't launch . . . when I click on the icon on the dock it bounces two times and stops without launching. I downloaded 10.2.5 and tried to install but when it comes time to choose the destination disk I get the following message

You cannot install this software on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update.

I have a 700 imac fp running 10.2.3. Any thoughts on why software update won't launch and why I can't install 10.2.5?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Well I'm starting to think that 10.2.5 is hogging my memory and CPU usage. I just discovered that window manager, after a couple hours, is using as much RAM and CPU that it can. I'd look into if you even want to upgrade first. But I've only heard of one other person having my problem.

You are running 10.2.3? It's not like an early build that you had gotten or anything is it? Because if it says that it doesn't meet requirements, it usually means that you don't have up to 10.2 installed, or you have a newer version installed. But if the second was the case it'd usually say so.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You sure you downloaded the "Combo update" and not just the standard one? The standard update will take you from 10.2.4 to 10.2.5, but the Combo will bring you all the way from 10.2.0 to the newest version if need be.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Be glad you can't install 10.2.5. The release has lots of problems (at least for me).