Official Power Mac discussion (photos vs new mobo?)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Am I the only one who noticed that the prototype we all saw (which appeared quite white) is not the machine we now see? The mobo color and other features are just different enough that perhaps this machine is the Yikes V2 that someone else mentioned. What if a white version comes out with the "G5" chip at MWSF? I am suspicious. This would make the new case "visually distinctive" from the brand new one when it appears. Kinda like Gigabit--Quicksilver. Either way, I'm gonna buy one of these new dualies this week....just trying to decide if I want a pimped out Dual 867 or a base model Dual gig. (prolly the later, 'cuase of the bus speed)

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The machines are the same color. The photo was just overexposed. The motherboard color is inconsequential.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I'm glad that you are going to buy a new Power Mac. Be sure to post pictures and impressions in GD when you get it.

In the meantime, please direct all Power Mac discussion to existing threads. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    As the other Power Mac discussion thread turned sour quickly, it was locked. Please use this thread to discuss upcoming Power Mac rumors.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    I think Mackdamon has a point, the pictures could be the upcoming G5. Even with the bright light, it was still very white the case. We all woundered why it had only 1 proc. , maybe it's because the G5 comes from IBM and this means it will be multi core, and then the new ventilation will kick in, with new Gb dimm's and kick ass FSB or what so ever. to close up, it might be the pro model in the powermac line, so the current PM will be mid-range and iMac bit lower than mid-range and eMac lowrange, old iMac EOL.

I think this covers ( a bit ) what the other treads say.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Oops... Sorry&gt;

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: onlooker ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I wouldn't worry about it. The prototypes of the original PM G4 were in all sorts of colors. Blackish purple being the one I remember the most.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    can we post the leaked photos without getting banned yet?