Success! Picking Up Powerbook Today!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My iBook has been trouble from the get-go. The store I bought it from is taking it back and I am trading it in towards a 12'' Powerbook. I'm just paying the $500 difference. I can't wait. I just gotta jump in the car and drive to Eugene (about 2 hours away) and do the deal.

I'm so excited... 12'' Powerbook... yummy!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trebuchet

My iBook has been trouble from the get-go. The store I bought it from is taking it back and I am trading it in towards a 12'' Powerbook. I'm just paying the $500 difference. I can't wait. I just gotta jump in the car and drive to Eugene (about 2 hours away) and do the deal.

I'm so excited... 12'' Powerbook... yummy!

Wow, congrats! Nice dealer, only had to pay the difference? That's great. Nice step up, hopefully there won't be any problems with your new Powerbook
  • Reply 2 of 10
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Your dealer is indeed kind. Enjoy your new PB!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I'm posting this from my Yao-book. It is lovely indeed. Now to spend the next 24 hours throwing all of my junk back onto the hard drive.

This is one sweet ride. First thing I noticed? If they could make something on the iBook smaller for the Powerbook, they did. Power button, track pad and button, screen bezel, everything. And the keyboard is dreamy. Not spongy, nice and solid.

I'm in love!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    you need to change your sig...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

you need to change your sig...

Done and done!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Yikes. My slot-loading combo-drive already died. Its going to Apple Tuesday and should be back Friday. It took 3 discs, then stopped taking them completely. It makes a beeping noise waking up and 7 beeps when restarted. Kooky. Damnit, I have a paper to type and no way to back it up. I have been wanting to get an external floppy... I guess I need one now.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    You need to change your sig again.. it was a 12" PB...

But I'm sorry to hear it. Really.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member

Ha-ha.

That sucks. But the same thing happened on my TiBook but it somehow resolved itself (it wouldn't eject properly -- scared me to death, but now it works again).
  • Reply 9 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    But hey, we can help you. Try this:

Deleting your Cache:

Deleting your cache may be necessary if you experience any of the following: [list=a][*]you have more than one of the same preference panel in your System Preferences[*]CD's, DVD's and HD's don't mount properly or don't even show up[*]Applications behave strange[*]etc.[/list=a] Delete everything in ~/Library/Caches/, where '~' is your home folder.

Deleting your cache isn't dangerous; it only deletes the cache, ie. things who are stored there so that an application has faster access to it, or because it needs to store some things.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    No dice. Just so you guys understand: It doesn't take a disc in period. The mechanism doesn't take the disc into the machine. If I push it in, it still won't accept it and the machine gives me 7 short little tones (beeping). I called Apple and they are going to fix the machine. I tried 5 or 6 little fixes over the phone and nothing helped. I never got a disc stuck into the machine. I think it just plain crapped out on me. At least I have everything backed up from my last machine...