Help Os 10.2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I HAVE SOMEHOW forgotten my administration password.My email, is connected to the administration password so. Does anyone know how to reset the password without having to reboot my whole system and risk loosing everything.I have the jaguar Os running.

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    You mean without having to reinstall everything or reboot your computer? Because if you have the install CD you can boot off that and when the Installer screen loads go up to the Installer menu and choose Reset Password.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Iboot which disk 1or 2 and what do I have to hold down to do this .I tried with disk one and nothing happened.

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    It is the first disc, but you need to hold down the C button as soon as you restart.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Ibrowse just the c button?nothing else.

thanks
  • Reply 5 of 9
    frostymmbfrostymmb Posts: 131member
    It's like some people are just helpless, and have no desire to attain any troubleshooting skills whatsoever. I'll bet your manual tells you step by step how to do it. You put your OS X install disk into CD drive and start up from it by selecting it as the startup up disk, or by restarting and holding the C key. Then, look through the menus at the top and find the item to reset your password.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    IBrowse thanks for the help.

Frosty mmb hey lick nuts!

SOME PEOPLE SPEND TOO MUCH TIME AND DON'T SEEM TO LEARN ANY MANNERS.I'D HATE TO HAVE TO TEACH YOU SOME BUT THEN AGAIN BECAUSE YOU HIDE BEHIND A MONITOR I CAN'T BOTHER.

THANKS

AGAIN IBROWSE
  • Reply 7 of 9
    frostymmbfrostymmb Posts: 131member
    Reading the threats, insults, and name calling I just received from you in a private message, it appears that it is you who feels empowered hiding behind a monitor. I have no desire to react in such childish ways as you have, and I encourage you to realize how trivial it is to get angry and throw around threatening words and insults over such a trivial thing.

Please don't continue in this thread. Nobody needs to trash up the forums with pointless fighting.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Actually frosty you are right ,you are lucky I kept it private.I just have a problem with people that come off like they have something better to do and get all sarcastic,when answering a question.

I'm sorry I wouldn't rip your head off if you used some sort of tact.

Then again why use tact when you hide behind a monitor.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Keep it off the boards guys.

Is there any reason that I shouldn't just lock this thread right now?

Be civil or I use the unholy beatdown stick on you both.