New video out options in 10.2.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Not sure if this has been posted already. If you have a video out hooked up you can see a new options panel in the Displays preference pane. It lets you set a more optimal video contrast also (and finally) you can set it to overscan so it fills the whole screen.

ive been waiting for this forever. now movies fill the screen properly when playing dvds through my tv. sweeeeeeeeet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I don't see anything different...but again I don't really know what you are talking about...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MGG

I don't see anything different...but again I don't really know what you are talking about...

He's talking about video out options on iBooks/Powerbooks. It was a friend of mine who badgered Apple about getting it fixed. He was dead chuffed to see it in 10.2.5!

low-fi
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by low-fi

He's talking about video out options on iBooks/Powerbooks. It was a friend of mine who badgered Apple about getting it fixed. He was dead chuffed to see it in 10.2.5!

low-fi

yeah, sorry i forgot to mention its for the portable line-up only with the composite or s-video outs.

man i love it!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    has anyone tried using this with a video card that supports composite or Svideo out?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I'm sorry, but I don't see it. I just attached my PowerBook 867 to my Sony TV via S-Video, did a detect displays and it didn't show any option to set the output source to overscan. If you could point me in the right direction to where I might find this feature, that would be helpful. Include a screen shot if you can. Thanks.