Im a switcher! But i need help...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, I just recently switched to Apple and I have a clie nx70v made by sony. My question is regarding syncing, managing files, etc on a mac because i cant do it without starting virtual pc unless there is a way i dont know about.

thanks

Logan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    If you are using a Clie with the Mac, you will need a utility called "The Missing Sync" Sony lists it on their website. Shouldnt' be hard to find/downlload.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    thanks a lot pal
  • Reply 3 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    welcome to the mac community man...enjoy
  • Reply 4 of 14
    thanks, ill have more questions, and while im at it i was wondering how i can convert my PC iPod to a mac iPod because i read somewhere that u can
  • Reply 5 of 14
    jdbon2jdbon2 Posts: 44member
    yes, you have to reformat the ipod hard drive to HFS+, the Macintosh file system using the Disk Utility program ( this will wipe out anything on the iPod). Update: just get this software iPod for Mac Software Updater available at apple.com.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    wow thanks again, i love this quick and friendly service hehe
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Ugh, I still can't get my Clie on, I got the missing sync etc, but the iSync program just can't find my device when i say add device... any ideas?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    I haven't personally used the missing sync, so I'm just guessing, but have you installed Palm Desktop yet? I think it only works with Palm Desktop, not with iSync (Palm Desktop is much more full featured anyway).
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Alrighty, now finally I can sync my Clie NX70V with my mac, but another problem has arisen. I cannot install/use the apps that came on my Clie CD-ROM without using virtual PC and I don't want to have to open it everytime I want to use those applications... anyone know where to get those programs such as MS Export/Image Converter? All help will be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Reply 10 of 14
    I'm not sure what "MS Export/Image Converter" or those other programs are, but, if you can give us some more information, maybe we can at least find some similar Mac-native programs that you can use in their place.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Ok well, MS Export let you mount your memory stick and transfer files to it. Image converter converted movies/images from formats such as mpg/avi into palm-viewable formats, anyone know where to get these programs or something like them?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    anyone know? anyone...?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

Ok well, MS Export let you mount your memory stick and transfer files to it. Image converter converted movies/images from formats such as mpg/avi into palm-viewable formats, anyone know where to get these programs or something like them?

How do you physically connect your memory stick to your mac? Every way I know to do this, the memory stick just shows up on your desktop like a removable drive. No drivers or special program necessary.

I don't know anything about Palm. If there is some kind of software I want I usually go hunt around on VersionTracker.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Well I have a Clie NX70V and when its in its cradle and plugged into my PB using USB nothing happens. I can sync and install new programs but there is no access to my memory stick. Also I needed Image Converter because I cant just drag and drop movies onto my palm, they have to be converted to viewable formats.