RealNetworks Acquires Listen.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Big Deal?

It seems that Listen.com has a music service called Rhapsody.

Could RealNetworks compete with rival Apple's new music service?

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    If you're falling into a grave, you grab anything you can to stay above ground.

• Reply 2 of 4
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    Out of boredom at work today I tried the free Listen.com preview (no credit card required - you only get 30 secs of each song) and it's cool. Better than I figured. But I still will not pay a monthly fee, I hate that every company wants money from me every month. Plus it's not mac-friendly. I can't wait for next Monday.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    Quote:

Originally posted by David R

Out of boredom at work today I tried the free Listen.com preview (no credit card required - you only get 30 secs of each song) and it's cool. Better than I figured. But I still will not pay a monthly fee, I hate that every company wants money from me every month. Plus it's not mac-friendly. I can't wait for next Monday.

Listen.com had/has the largest library of all the music services. It was a pretty nice service, but I wouldn't subscribe since I don't think it used lossless encoding. I definitely won't subscribe now that it's part of the Real plague.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

If you're falling into a grave, you grab anything you can to stay above ground.

Good one.