Do you keep your bike inside or outside your room/flat/house?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Perhaps I should make this a poll.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    In the Tiefgarage.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My place has a room in the basement where you can lock it up.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    I lock my bike outside my flat.

Its an old bike and I dun think anyone would wan to steal it.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    when we lived in the city we had a bike garage, now i have it in our garage, it's locked to another bike and one of those child carriers. i want to hang it though.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    My bike is kept inside our building but not inside the flat: it is kept in the communal corridor

I woulodn't even keep an old cheap bike outside in the UK as too many people here like to kick the wheels in or just vandalise bikes after they have been out for a few drinkies at the pub. I've seen it far too often
  • Reply 6 of 32
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    My bikes are inside my garage of my house. The tires of my bike are flat, since i did not use it since last year.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    In the Keller.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Inside the house, which is a pain in the bum. I'm going to copy a neighbour who has a metal loop thing set in concrete outside the front of his house, so far no -one has nicked his or his wifes bike.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    During summer/regular use: right outside my door unlocked

During Winter:In my room happy and dry

Right now: the shop damnit
  • Reply 10 of 32
    Inside my house, under the covered walkway to the stairs. Locked and safe and lovely.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Hassan, you lock your bike inside your house? Who's out to get you? Scott?
  • Reply 12 of 32
    Cannondale F500.

It's ancient- like 6 or 7 years old.

Rock Shox Indy C fork.

Hell, it even has "bar-ends."

Anyone remember those?

Oh yeah it's in the basement.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Hassan i Sabbah: Check your PM's!
  • Reply 14 of 32
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I locked my bike in my room when I lived in the dorms. I wasn't being paranoid. It's just that my bike was almost as expensive as my car.
  • Reply 15 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alex London

I've had bicycles nicked from there before and now I don't take any chances. That machine is like my car: I use it every day to get from one side of London to the other and I'd be completely stuffed without it. And I love it. And it cost a lot of money.

WRT Scott_h_phd, as far as I can make out there's only one subject on which we agree and that's cranks. He thinks Cannondale made good cranks and he's right.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Hassan i Sabbah: Check your PM's!

Bastard.

• Reply 17 of 32
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

WRT Scott_h_phd, as far as I can make out there's only one subject on which we agree and that's cranks. He thinks Cannondale made good cranks and he's right.

Are they still Coda branded? Other than the cranks, Coda/Cannondale blow, dude :P
  • Reply 18 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alex London

I lock my bike inside too. Our building has been broken into a number of times and on a couple of occasions people's flats were broken into from the inside. Amazingly some people don't always fully close the main entrance door
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I locked my bike in my room when I lived in the dorms. I wasn't being paranoid. It's just that my bike was almost as expensive as my car.

cheap car, huh?
  • Reply 20 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Are they still Coda branded? Other than the cranks, Coda/Cannondale blow, dude :P

Coda cranks are (were) good. Er... I've got Coda grips on my handlebars and they seem very good. Very grippy. Rubber. You know, sort of... alright. They stop your hands falling off the handlebars. Or slipping. When you go over bumps.