Dive into app & game development with new 'Apple Pathways' hub

Posted:
in General Discussion

Apple has created a new web page that acts as a hub for the various paths to developing apps for its platforms with various resources and guides.

Dive into app & game development through new 'Apple Pathways' hub
Dive into app & game development through new 'Apple Pathways' hub

Called "Apple Pathways," it provides an introduction to developing apps and games within Apple's extensive ecosystem. The platform is an ideal starting point for anyone with a Mac and a bright idea.

Structured to simplify the initial stages of app development, Apple Pathways is an invaluable resource for new and experienced developers alike. It encourages more creators to develop their ideas into functional, engaging apps and games using Apple's advanced tools and technologies.

Pathways enhances the developer experience with educational content across various aspects of Apple development. It begins with the fundamentals of compelling design to improve user engagement and experience.

Developers can dive into Swift, Apple's programming language, which is pivotal for creating apps across all Apple platforms. SwiftUI, a modern framework, helps developers build user interfaces with less code and more conciseness.

For game developers, specialized resources are available to create cutting-edge games using the latest technologies. Explorations in developing Apple Vision Pro are made possible through visionOS, which provides an expansive canvas for innovative applications.

Once the development phase is completed, Pathways assists in distributing apps via the App Store. The program offers guidance on promotion and enhancing performance to maximize the app's market impact.

Whether someone is looking to design user interfaces, develop apps, or distribute games, Pathways equips them with the necessary tools and knowledge.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,371member
    Speaking of Apple (Macs) and "Pathways" and Games, who can forget this classic!

https://simplici7y.com/items/aleph-one-pathways-into-darkness/

To play it on a modern Mac, you need to download AlephOne from the above link, and also click the DOWNLOAD button in the upper right of that same web page.  Open AlephOne, then choose your AOPID_v1.4 folder, and you're good to go!
    jellybelly
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jellybellyjellybelly Posts: 126member
    This looks great. It appears to be exactly what I need to restart my journey to create an App I’ve partially fleshed out in FileMaker. 
    I am older and did some coding in Pascal in the 1980’s and complex scripting in 4D relational database and in WINGZ in 1980’s. Yes I’m dating myself. I’m more of an interface designer as parallel to a rewarding career in graphic design. Modern coding is something I’ve put off for too long. 
    dewme
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,371member
    Yes I’m dating myself.
    I know precisely what you were saying within the context of what you wrote, but for some reason the alternative reading of your statement tickled my fancy this morning.  I found it absolutely hilarious.  The upside to dating yourself is that your better half really is your better half, and any arguments you have with yourself can be quickly resolved.  :D