Apple rolls out watchOS 10.5 update with bug fixes and little else

Posted:
in watchOS

It's time to update your Apple Watch again -- Apple has officially released watchOS 10.5.

watchOS 10 on Apple Watch Ultra
watchOS 10 on Apple Watch Ultra

The beta versions of watchOS 10.5 did not introduce any new features. This suggests that Apple is prioritizing the improvement of the system's stability and performance. Such an update is crucial to ensure the devices operate smoothly and any new features added in previous versions work efficiently.

Like watchOS 10.4, this update didn't bring any significant updates, However, watchOS 10.2 brought increased Siri integration and user interface improvements. It enabled Siri to access health data, which allows users to query various health statistics using voice commands.

How to update to watchOS 10.5

1. Ensure the Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to Wi-Fi

2. On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app

3. Tap General

4. Tap Software Update

5. Tap Install if a software update is available

6. Follow the on-screen instructions

How to update to watchOS 10.5 via iPhone

1. Ensure your watch is charged to 50% and connected to Wi-Fi

2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app

3. Tap General

4. Tap Software Update

5. Download the update if it is available

6. Follow the on-screen instructions

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Hope this fixes the bug preventing iPhone from unlocking Apple Watch 
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Nope, Unlock with iPhone won’t stay turned on for me with 10.5. Installing iOS 17.5 didn’t fix it either.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    michelb76michelb76 Posts: 644member
    Good, more bugfixes please! Keep them coming.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    RB156RB156 Posts: 1member
    Not sure why, but my watch won't even allow me to update - says I have to be connected to the internet, which I am. Have tried re-setting and restarting with no luck. Battery is also drained. Any tips on what to do? Watch is 18 months old.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    RB156 said:
    Not sure why, but my watch won't even allow me to update - says I have to be connected to the internet, which I am. Have tried re-setting and restarting with no luck. Battery is also drained. Any tips on what to do? Watch is 18 months old.
    Charge the battery. Needs to be at least 50%
  • Reply 6 of 7
    sandvirmsandvirm Posts: 1member
    RB156 said:
    I had the same issue. Disable wifi on both your watch and your paired phone. There is a known issue with the watch saying it isn't connected to the internet while on wifi.  :# I hope this is one of the bugs getting fixed.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    dutchlorddutchlord Posts: 230member
    “Nothing new” seems to be the new normal at Apple. Really miss a “Steve Jobs” attitude of shaking things up and start all over in order to really innovate. Apple seems to have lost its courage and keeps doing incremental, maintenance like stuff. Boring and less and less reason to buy Apple hobby products which get no love.