Special Event on 4/28 to Satellite Broadcast

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Press Release

Source: Apple Computer, Inc.

Apple Announcements to be Broadcast Live Via Satellite

Thursday April 24, 8:33 am ET

CUPERTINO, Calif., April 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

WHAT: Live satellite broadcast of Apple(R) announcements presented by Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO

WHEN: Monday, April 28, 10:00 a.m. PDT/1:00 p.m. EDT

The presentation will be available via satellite at the following coordinates:

Ku-band

Telstar 5/Transponder: 25 K

Orbital Slot: 97 degrees west

Uplink Frequency: 14444.0 MHz

Downlink Frequency: 12144.0 MHz

Polarity: Vertical down

Audio subcarriers: 6.2 and 6.8

C-band

Galaxy 3C/Transponder 1 C

Orbital Slot: 95 degrees west

Uplink Frequency: 5945 MHz

Downlink Frequency: 3720 MHz

Downlink Polarity: Horizontal down

Audio subcarriers: 6.2 and 6.8

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    ARG!

I need a web feed, I have no idea how to get that signal. I have dish network, does that help?
  • Reply 2 of 26
    Someone who has a G4 with streaming server software and a decent internet connection and a Tv signal to firewire converter thingy and some other stuff I know nothing about: Please set up a private stream and let a select few of us follow the event.

I´m first in line...
  • Reply 3 of 26
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Someone who has a G4 with streaming server software and a decent internet connection and a Tv signal to firewire converter thingy and some other stuff I know nothing about: Please set up a private stream and let a select few of us follow the event.

I´m first in line...

• Reply 4 of 26
    I'm calling around trying to find somebody who knows how to setup a satellite feed... (frustrating, they are mostly dense as bricks...)

If I CAN get it setup, I will at the very least record the sucker.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    If you have a local Apple Store with a screen call them up and see if they will be showing it. Chances are they will be.

But...my local store does not, I would have to go to Palo Alto and that is a bit out of the way for me.

I wish they would stream it via QuickTime...
  • Reply 6 of 26
    AHAHAHAHAH!

I got my old college to put it up at their distance learning center!!!! (SWWEEEET!)

Now if I can only get in there a few hours early and setup a quicktime streaming server.....
  • Reply 7 of 26
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    I just called up Palo Alto and they said they will be broadcasting the event...so...I cannot see why other Apple Stores with the a screen would not do it
  • Reply 8 of 26
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    My Pop has a satellite dish but he lives an hour away. Think it'll be worth a day off from work, an hour ride and dealing with my Mother? hehe
  • Reply 9 of 26
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I would love a QuickTime stream. I mean, they had an audio stream of their earnings report, and that wasn't really all that fun...
  • Reply 10 of 26
    Apple just removed the press release announcing the satellite broadcast....

(link to pr page )

This WAS the link to the release

Why?
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Stranger and stranger. I just called Apple PR (and held for 10 minutes) before being told that no such press release existed. Then after I told her I was holding a printed copy I was put back on hold. After about 30 seconds she came back and said that there was a broadcast, she said she could email me the info. I asked her if it would be posted online and she said it should not be made public.

Somebody oopsed. I

'll post the email she is sending me shortly.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    LOL Funny story!!
  • Reply 13 of 26
    QuickTime stream pleeeeasee.. or on TechTV? hehe. That's too much to ask.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

I´m first in line...

Anders, with regards to the La Tribune article, check LoopRumors, they have a scan.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Thanks

Life would be much easier if you guys said who your sources are.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Madbidouille points out that the satelites mentioned in the press release are not being viewable in Europe. Does that mean that there also will be a quicktime stream available?
  • Reply 17 of 26
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    The Apple Press release still appears on the PRNewswire.com site from this morning (which is what I pasted in the first post). There is no listing on the Apple PR site however. I wonder if they are planning on webcasting the event after all. That could be the reason for the confusion. Tech TV could also show it if they wanted to. Have to keep an eye on their website as well.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

Madbidouille points out that the satelites mentioned in the press release are not being viewable in Europe. Does that mean that there also will be a quicktime stream available?

I guess Apple will introduce an US only music download service, so there is no need for international broadcast \
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by GSpotter

I guess Apple will introduce an US only music download service, so there is no need for international broadcast \

You may be right unfortunately. If this is the case, what exactly would stop Apple from launching the service in europe. Isn't my money worth anything to Apple?
  • Reply 20 of 26
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Rights issues to recordings, particularly older ones (up through 1952), may prevent an international debut for the time being. In Europe many recordings are in the Public Domain while in the U.S. they are still under copyright. Also, some artists are on different labels in different territories. I believe this will all be worked out eventually but it is possible that the music service will be North America specific only to start. Only guesses, but the answers are written in the wind my friends, the answers........