This Made Quake 3 Run Faster...But...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
You'll need to type in the console "/com_maxfps 0"

then

enter the command "/r_smp 1

and it should run faster if you got a dual.....it went from 90fps for me to 145fps.

But there is thing that i need help with in quake 3 and that is this

I am runing Mac OS 10.2.5 and after i finish one map and go to the next one this is what it looks like all white...the only way around it is to restart the game and that map and it looks fine.....what is makeing it look like that? Is it the OS? I have a dual 867mhz. All my other games work fine only this one bug pops up.

Hope someone knows what is wrong.

Frank_t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    PLEASE STOP POSTING!!! TOO MUCH HELP!!!.....doesn't anyone know what this is?

Frank_t
  • Reply 2 of 12
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frank_t

.....doesn't anyone know what this is?

Ehemm,... some... kind... of.. bug....... maybe.......???
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

Ehemm,... some... kind... of.. bug....... maybe.......???

Does anyone know who gets the smart ass award of this week?

Yes it's NETROMac!!!

I know it's a bug.....but does anyone else have this bug?

Frank_t
  • Reply 4 of 12
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    What type of GPU do you have? The GeForce4MX or the Radeon 9000? Have you made sure that all updates (system and game-specific) have been installed? I'm not really sure as to what is causing the issue, but if you give us somemore information we may be able to help.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

What type of GPU do you have? The GeForce4MX or the Radeon 9000? Have you made sure that all updates (system and game-specific) have been installed? I'm not really sure as to what is causing the issue, but if you give us somemore information we may be able to help.

I have a Dual 867Mhz MDD PowerMac with a GeForce4MX with 32mb video card...and i got quake 3 v1.3.2 with 10.2.5 so i'm all up to date....but after playing the frist map where everything is ok and wining..i click next and i get this all white thing going on...only way to fix it is to reload the game it self

Frank_t
  • Reply 6 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Is vertical sync on?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

Is vertical sync on?

I don't see that option there

Frank_t
  • Reply 8 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    It's in Setup -> Game Options -> Synch Every Frame. Setting it to "on" may reduce the tearing.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

It's in Setup -> Game Options -> Synch Every Frame. Setting it to "on" may reduce the tearing.

I give that a try, thanks.

Frank_t
  • Reply 10 of 12
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    for specific game posts, you may also want to go to www.insidemacgames.com

my fav Mac gaming site with lots o people in forums.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Well i tried Setup -> Game Options -> Synch Every Frame and nope after the frist map when i hit next it loads it and the thing is all white like that pic...can i be the only one out there with this bug?

Frank_t
  • Reply 12 of 12
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Hey can anyone help, I would like to install Quake 3 on my machine, however I can never find a stand alone one off upgrade, to get the cd version to the lastest one, is ther any URL that has this?\