2nd account for Music Store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok, so I finally was able to log in with my Apple Id and purchased quite a few songs and a couple of albums. So far it works great and much better and easier than I expected since the rumors started flowing. Sound quality is great too, my first CD off the Music Store is playing quite nicely on my Onkyo system.

But I haven't found anything on Apple's website regarding setting up a second account (for my wife) at the Music Store, short of buying another ($100) .Mac membership. Here is my situation:

I have a .Mac account and an additional e-mail address for my wife. Both are charged to my credit card. I had no problems using my .Mac e-mail address to sign-up at the Music Store, yet it won't allow my wife's .Mac address, since it is an e-mail only account. I want her to be able to purchase music from iTunes on her iBook, as I do on my own computer. Although I haven't tried it, I don't think the solution would be to have her use my own .Mac account to sign-in, since it probably won't allow but one given address logged at any given time, right?

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Regards,

Bill

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    you don't need a .Mac account to buy stuff. just set up a regular old account.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    Thanks... I somehow thought the AppleId/Music Store account username had to be a .Mac e-mail address. I signed up my wife with her non .Mac e-mail address and it is working great.

Cheers.