Winning the hearts and minds of the iraqi people

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Anders, shut up. This isn't even a thread that is allowed under the guidelines. If you want to post this topic, don't do it disingenuously like you are now. Your thread should have a discriptive, not SARCASTIC title with some little lame-ass rhetorical question under the link. As if the entire course of the war will chnage because of one incident.

• Reply 2 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Anders, shut up. This isn't even a thread that is allowed under the guidelines. If you want to post this topic, don't do it disingenuously like you are now. Your thread should have a discriptive, not SARCASTIC title with some little lame-ass rhetorical question under the link. As if the entire course of the war will chnage because of one incident.

I agree. I could tit for tat with this.

"Saddam no, Bush yes!" chanted some 200 Iraqi prisoners of war as U.S. soldiers released them yesterday

Anders is just an anti-american bigot euro-trash cheese eating surrender monkey.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Maybe I should write "How is THAT war going?", the battle for the iraqis.

Seen as a battle in that fight. How do you think it is going?

This episode is double sided:

1) It will IMO colour the mind of large portions of the population of Iraq in a negative way. Should the coalition at all costs avoid shooting into large groups of people even if they put their own lifes in danger? Yes if your objective is to win bla bla.

2) That the group go up against an american base like that shows that there is great resistence against our occupation of Iraq. You could argue it was fueled by religious fanatism. But thats the reality you have operate in and cannot be wished away.

Better?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Anders is just an anti-american bigot euro-trash cheese eating surrender monkey.

Damn. Your better in calling me names than myself
  • Reply 5 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Damn. Your better in calling me names than myself

Hey Gandalf..

Happy Birthday
  • Reply 6 of 7
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    As far as I can tell we 'won' 13 more hearts and minds, if they weren't too damaged.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If you want real discussion, try again.

Locked for at least 843 different reasons.