iTunes 4/Music Store is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'll never buy another physical CD ever again.

Okay, I couldn't find any Gillian Welch or Dave Edmunds. But, by damn, there was Gram Parsons, Roseanne Cash and others that I can NEVER find in stores.

I'm impressed. And this is just the start, right? This initial list of 200,000 will be added to constantly, I'm guessing? So perhaps, one day, Welch and Edmunds may appear.

But until then...

You know, THIS is how crap should be done: it's smart, it's easy, it's safe, it's fair, it's affordable, the artist is compensated, I get good-sounding stuff, no trips to record stores and paying $15 for a CD that only has 2 good songs on it, etc.

This will change everything. Just watch.

The only downside? Do you know how hard it is going to be for me to NOT click on every cool song I've always wanted and can now, with no hassle or labor, find in just a couple of clicks.

Man, I'm gonna need another job...or win the lottery.

MAJOR kudos/props/high-fives to Apple!

[off to download that Ricky Nelson song I saw earlier...]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I'll second that!

During the last two days I've been late to work once, missed 3 phone calls (that I know of) and spent $45 (on a dial-up connection!) due to the Music Store.

I'm not the hippest guy music-wise, but there's a lot of stuff I'm being exposed to browsing around.

pscates-does it have that Billy Preston song you were wondering about the other day?

Jeff
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I feel so left out it is not even funny. Hopefully Apple will allow Canadians to purcahse music in the near future.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    post here please
  • Reply 4 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I took the poll. This isn't about how much I've spent...just how much I dig it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    God damn it! I just bought another album. That's 2 in 3 days. I'm thinking I'm going to be in some trouble.... But it was only $5 for coltrane's blue train. Not too bad.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Im on a Windows computer and dont have enough cash to switch Stupid Windows i spend to much time trying to get this stupid thing to work
  • Reply 7 of 7
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I love the store, but a large percentage of the music I love will probably never be there. If your reading this, Steve, please do some deals with smaller labels. Think about how the timing is perfect to cut exclusive deals with these labels and their artist.