Tiny Tune Player: as seen in Mac Addict

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My brother, who is not the headphones kinda guy got the 20gig ipod for his birthday (a million friends chipped in) he was blown away by the QUALITY of sound, and of course the storage. When he stuck them on my ears, my jaw dropped. don't you...forget about me...I'll be alone...dancin' you know it baby...Like a virgin..Heeee Ok..enough of that...

I really want to get an ipod, but can't spend that hefty price. I noticed Mac Addicts May mag said this was "drool worthy." Does anyone have this? Any other mp3 players you can suggest that won't smoke my wallet?

Also, I noticed a HUGE thread about sharing itunes library. If anyone wants to tap into mine, drop me a note and help me how. 254 songs (not much) 91 arts/62 albums...Lots of Reggae, Jazz, Ben Harper, the beatles...old school rap, bjork...and some cheesy raffi kids songs. *If you have kids, I got tunes.

PS_ sorry, i am in the wrong category. Should be in dig. hub. oops.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You could go for a tiny MP3 player like that, but the problem is the capacity. 128 MB is enough to hold about 1-2 audio CDs worth of MP3s, depending on how much you compress them. So one of those things is fine for loading up a few of your favorite songs and listening on the go, but if you want to take your whole collection with you I'd suggest going with either a used 5 GB iPod (not much more than the nicer Flash Media-based MP3 players) or an MP3 CD player. MP3 CD players will hold 100-150 songs, and they use CDs so you can bring your whole collection with you. But the iPod is, of course, the best
  • Reply 2 of 7
    thanks luca (like that name). I have considered the 5 gig to hold my 2 gig collection of 300+ songs...and yes, the ipod is the best
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Gladly moving to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    chic4mac: Do you have a name and/or URL for the "tiny tune player" pictured above?

Personally, I'm tempted to buy an iPod. But I don't need to carry my whole iTunes library with me and would rather have someting smaller, cheaper and waterproof. What I would love to have is a digital music player with the following features:

1. small size (clip on my T-shirt)

2. water proof (or at least sweat proof)

3. 256MB solid-state memory (for 3-5 albums)

4. AAC/iTunes compatible (obviously)

Is there such a thing? I really hope that non-iPod digital music players will get firmware updates to play AAC content from the iTunes Music Store in the coming weeks and months. The iPod is the best, but not for every need.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 7
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    PS: This Apple Tech Note doesn't quite say whether or not 3rd party player that support AAC will be able to play iTunes Music Store content in the future.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I'd like to try and listen to your library...at least to test it out and see how it works! Thanks, Do tell!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    chic4macchic4mac Posts: 99member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tommy_thompson

I'd like to try and listen to your library...at least to test it out and see how it works! Thanks, Do tell!

How do I let you listen? You were speaking to me no?