weird question about my powerbook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've tried searching on the forum for this but its hard because I don't know what they are called... On my powerbook (and everyone elses) there are these things on the lower corners to keep the screen raised above the bevel to the top of the keyboard tray and trackbad thing you know those things? heh well mine are rubbed off now and non-existant and I want to get new ones to keep my screen from jangling around. Kind of sux too this thing is only 4 months old, but hey i use it 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Anyways has anyone else had this problem and replaced them? Thanks for your help.

Craig

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    That's really bad! Your screen will scratch I hope it's ok. In the meantime you can put that thing that goes in between the screen and keys that came with your PB in shipping in there. I do that whenever I travel just in case.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    That's really bad! Your screen will scratch I hope it's ok. In the meantime you can put that thing that goes in between the screen and keys that came with your PB in shipping in there. I do that whenever I travel just in case.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Easy fix. They sell things like that at OSH, Home Depo, and I saw some at Longs Drugs. They are not exactly the same (some are clear) but they should work.

The feet off my laptop rubbed off and I replaced the feet twice. If you need to glue them, use plastic modeling glue, NOT SUPERGLUE!!!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    its not the things underneath on the bottom its the things between the screen and and the keyboard part bezel whatever you call it. those little grey things? my powerbook didn't come with a plastic foam thing between the keyboard and screen tho. it just came with sheet of clear plastic that you were supposed to pull off the screen with a yellow tab thing. oh well. any more ideas

Craig
  • Reply 5 of 12
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Easy fix. They sell things like that at OSH, Home Depo, and I saw some at Longs Drugs. They are not exactly the same (some are clear) but they should work.

The feet off my laptop rubbed off and I replaced the feet twice. If you need to glue them, use plastic modeling glue, NOT SUPERGLUE!!!

Yeah. Do what he said. It works for both, as he stated.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    and yeah, powerbooks don't come with the sheet of foam between screen and keyboard, only ibooks do.

~felipe
  • Reply 7 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    My PowerBook had a foam sheet between the screen and keyboard when it shipped.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    tomjtomj Posts: 120member
    Quote:

My PowerBook had a foam sheet between the screen and keyboard when it shipped.

They must've put an ibook motherboard in you machine then. Take it apart quick to check! It happened to my mom's friends sister's best friend's third cousin.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    I recommend the Radtech laptop screensaverz http://www.radtech.us/screensavrz-laptop.html

Not only will they protect from the jangling around, they also protect the screen from the keyboard (and the oils from the keys getting on your screen). Plus, it is a safe screen wipe to get the smears and smudges off
  • Reply 10 of 12
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

On my powerbook (and everyone elses) there are these things on the lower corners to keep the screen raised above the bevel to the top of the keyboard tray and trackbad thing you know those things?

Craig: Before you get the screen protectors above, look into RadTech's WildEepz. They are the small rubber pads that you are looking for. They've worked very well with my iBook and are also very popular with Titanium PowerBook owners.

Escher
  • Reply 11 of 12
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Y'know what? Go whole-hog and buy both. Heck, while you're at it get the sleek microfibre powerbook 'jumpsuit' thing. I have one, and a screensaver, they're nice!
  • Reply 12 of 12
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Those wild deepz are exactly what I was looking for. The screen pad thing looks kind of like it'd be neat, but doesn't it make it harder on the latch? or is it that microthin? I'm definately buying these. Thanks