Who is going to an apple store tonight?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
specifically, SoHo or Roosevelt Field?

I'm curious to see the t-shirts and maybe pick up a 15 giger for a friend...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

specifically, SoHo or Roosevelt Field?

I'm curious to see the t-shirts and maybe pick up a 15 giger for a friend...

i might go (to soho) if the weather is good, and if i'm not doing anything or if i'm in the area. anyone know what the event will entail? is it just gonna be a live commercial? i havent been to any apple events so i dont know what to expect.
  • Reply 2 of 43
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Im going to the one in Atlanta today, i want to get myself a poster and a t-shitrt, but i also want to play around with the 12 and 17-inch PowerBooks, i haven't seen them in person yet. And ofcourse I want to see the new iPods. They should have the iTunes Music Store running there right?
  • Reply 3 of 43
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i hate you all, said the man who lives 450 miles away from the nearest Apple Store....

g

we have a HUGE intel fab plant here in Albuquerque (Rio Rancho actually)....there is a large mall about 3 miles from the Fab plant...i still say it would be great to put an apple store in a mall so close to intel's home....would show that SJ has big nads.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    I will be going to the one in Denver, actually leaving in an hour to go there. SHould be fun. Sorry G, that is about the only thing that sucks about living in Nuevo Mexico.
  • Reply 5 of 43
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    have fun ijerry....you bastard

g
  • Reply 6 of 43
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I live within 30 minutes of 3 Apple Stores. Yes, I will go. Definitelly.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I may go out to the one in Durham tonight. I'm still thinking about it... I just had a visit from 2 cops (I'm innocent, I swear) so I'm a little on edge. But....
  • Reply 8 of 43
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    I think it's pretty sweet that new Apple Stores are opening on the same day in my old home (Long Island) and my new home (Seattle). Further proof that I am the most important being in the universe. I'm kinda hungry. Need to find me a peice of fairy cake.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

I think it's pretty sweet that new Apple Stores are opening on the same day in my old home (Long Island) and my new home (Seattle). Further proof that I am the most important being in the universe. I'm kinda hungry. Need to find me a peice of fairy cake.

what store is opening in LI?

where did you live?
  • Reply 10 of 43
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

what store is opening in LI?

where did you live?

There's a store coming to Huntington Station.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

i might go (to soho) if the weather is good, and if i'm not doing anything or if i'm in the area. anyone know what the event will entail? is it just gonna be a live commercial? i havent been to any apple events so i dont know what to expect.

Info here.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    the generalthe general Posts: 649member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mulattabianca

I live within 30 minutes of 3 Apple Stores. Yes, I will go. Definitelly.

Don't you live in Italy?
  • Reply 13 of 43
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

Don't you live in Italy?

Nope. I am in an Apple Store right now... anyone else here??
  • Reply 14 of 43
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I was at the Salem, NH Apple Store this morning to get my PowerBook G4's power adapter replaced (it blew out last night). I also bought a new power adapter as a backup, just because it's worth the $80 to have an extra one.

The store had one new iPod in the window which was functional and they let me play around with the interface for a while. No ear buds or dock, but it still looks cool. They also say they will be blowing out the stock of the old 20 GB iPods if you don't mind the old design.

Also, they had a sign saying "iTunes for Windows, coming this June" to plug the Apple Music store. Very interesting.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Also, they had a sign saying "iTunes for Windows, coming this June" to plug the Apple Music store. Very interesting.

I thought SJ said it would happen by the end of the year. I knew USB 2 was coming in June, but iTunes?
  • Reply 16 of 43
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    iTunes For Windows is not exactly the same as iTunes Music Store For Windows. I believe SJ was refering to an update for the Windows iPod for previous owners when he unveiled the new iPods on Monday. SJ never mentioned iTunes Music Store for Windows at the press conference.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

iTunes For Windows is not exactly the same as iTunes Music Store For Windows. Buy, we'll have to see.

True, only time will tell, but it's only logical that the two would come together.

I was at the Durham apple store tonight. Quite a crowd. They must have sold a couple hundred ipods while I was there. The new ones are so incredibly small. Just about the size of some of the flash based players out there. And for only $299 you get 10gigs!?! That's freakin' awesome. My iPod may just have an "accident" that requires it to be replaced very shortly...

BTW, I got a poster tonight for free and I don't really want it. Anyone wanna pony up for the shipping (and the cylinder it would go out in)? I'll just charge what it costs me to pack and mail. email me if you're interested.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    What does the poster look like (can you take a pic)?
  • Reply 19 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

What does the poster look like (can you take a pic)?

I think it's a black iPod (you know, the inverted one with the red lights on the buttons). I can take a pic, but not right now (I'm still recovering from that marathon post/chat session trying to help chic get her iTunes streaming.)
  • Reply 20 of 43
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

iTunes For Windows is not exactly the same as iTunes Music Store For Windows.

Right, but SJ didn't give a date for iTunes coming to Windows. The closest he came was to say the Music Store was coming to Windows by the end of the year. That's why it would be a shock if some poster in an Apple store provided more info than SJ himself on Monday.
    Quote:

I believe SJ was refering to an update for the Windows iPod for previous owners when he unveiled the new iPods on Monday.

I don't know about that, but I was talking about the fact that the USB 2.0 drivers will be available in June.
    Quote:

SJ never mentioned iTunes Music Store for Windows at the press conference.

He may not have specifically mentioned iTunes, but after presenting iTunes Music Store for the Mac, he said this:

Fran, or anyone else at one of the stores, can you confirm again that that is what the poster said?