Apple finally on a roll?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What with the new iTunes Music Store, the new iPods, Panther, and the coming 970 Powermac's I'm feeling Apple is really on a roll.

The iTunes Music Store might be a particular stroke of genius, I'm really enjoying it.

The new iPod is great as well, I'm expecting a beautiful new case for the new Powermac's.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

I'm feeling Apple is really on a roll.

Not according to this article
  • Reply 2 of 15
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Not according to this article

There are way too many AppleStore in CA.. a total of 10. I know California is the home of Apple, but putting 10 stores aren't necessary.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    California is a big place, with people that have alot of money.

the 970 will change all of this

Apple has been lower the price of powermacs. If apple continues this trend and the 970 is released which will smokes the p4 then apple will have one heck of a desirable machine. That with the reputation of being innovators and easy to use will begine to lure customers. Professionals who have switched to the pc cause of higher clock speeds will come back. And corporations searching for low cost powerful servers that don't need alot of energy will start looking harder at apple. The 970 should be what we all have been waiting for the rest is just icing on the cake...Shame that the icing is coming before the cake though...i sure do hope that cake arrives...
  • Reply 4 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

There are way too many AppleStore in CA.. a total of 10. I know California is the home of Apple, but putting 10 stores aren't necessary.

Like I said in another thread, there's nothing wrong with this. There are seven GAPs (not including spin-offs like GAP Maternity and GAP Kids) in San Francisco alone. The storefront is a billboard after all, and it doesn't hurt to saturate the biggest markets...like the LA, SF, NYC metro areas.

Did I mention Sacramento, Walnut Creek, Burlingame and Santa Monica are getting Apple Stores sometime this year?
  • Reply 5 of 15
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

California's also the most populous state in America. Southern California's a different story as well, since you'd have to really drive the hell out of your way to get to a store if they only had one down here. So, thanks Apple for Glendale, Pasadena, The Grove, and soon to come Santa Monica
  • Reply 6 of 15
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    yeah, for all of you hatin' on California, understand that ONE EIGHTH of the entire US population lives there, the LA county area alone has a population greater than most states. i'd imagine an ever higher fraction of Apple's sales come from there. so it only makes sense for Apple to focus a tiny little bit more attention to the sunshine state
  • Reply 7 of 15
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    mmmm... apple on a roll

Seriously though, I don't think we will see Apple start to make any serious headway until new processors are announced. It's a shame really because it doesn't feel to me like the problems are Apple's fault per se: more like Motorola and IBM \
  • Reply 8 of 15
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    let us hope (for those of who have it) that Apple stock continues to rise, yet, over the week, it has sort of been an exponential equation, with the rise lowering each day.... yet... come on! I want my money back, it is three bucks lower than when i bought it... snappppP!P!P!P!P!P!P!P!PP!

man, i refuse to get out before i can get my money back... and I want to support the people at apple, that is why i invested it, becuase i believe they have something going for them!

But yeah... let's hope that they do something in May, and they got June for Panther and another month for releasing it, and then they will release the Pro AV apps...

I mean, i think the best way to measure apple (and if they are on a roll) is how long they have a certain thing on the front page...but that is just me, and it does not seem like a good way, but hey! this is my post...get out....!@@@@
  • Reply 9 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    it would be nice if at the end of may the 970 came out (like some are saying) and then in june panther came out

that would help apple stock i would expect it to go back to the 50's

did i mention...

• Reply 10 of 15
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frawgz

California's also the most populous state in America. Southern California's a different story as well, since you'd have to really drive the hell out of your way to get to a store if they only had one down here. So, thanks Apple for Glendale, Pasadena, The Grove, and soon to come Santa Monica

Soon I'll have 11 Apple Stores within a day's drive, and two that are less than a hour away, and one that is 15 minutes away from me.

I do think that is overkill though. Walnut Creek and Emeryville are only about 30 minutes away from each other, but they are both in high-end areas. You could see downtown SF from the roof of the Emerville store!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    moving soon to new orleans, and the closest is the houston store... six hours away by car. ugh. from my personal research, new orleans' design community is finally on the upswing, and new orleans gets enough big name tourist events (final four, super bowl, orange bowl, how design conference, comiccon, etc.) to be a blip on apple's radar.

so an apple store would be, as they say, tres bien! plus, steve, as i have mentioned, you've already got your first apple genius ready to go right here! my interview would consist of "i'm going to be here every day, so you have two choices... hire me, or start charging me rent."
  • Reply 12 of 15
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    rok, I'll have to cross oceans to visit an AppleStore and your complaining over a 6 hour car trip
  • Reply 13 of 15
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I wish there was an apple store in austin the ones in dallas aren't doing well at all i hear, its not because of apple at all either its the willowbend mall didn't do near as what everyone was saying it would... I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I do think that is overkill though. Walnut Creek and Emeryville are only about 30 minutes away from each other, but they are both in high-end areas. You could see downtown SF from the roof of the Emerville store!

Walnut is shielded from the rest of the East Bay by a mountain and a very crappy tunnel (Caldecott). I'm not going to drive 30 minutes to an Apple Store and back. One store is for the Walnut Creek/Concord crowd. The other is for the Berkeley/Oakland crowd.

Downtown SF is separated from Emeryville by a rather large body of water and a toll bridge ($2 right now...$3 soon). In addition, you're not going to find parking in SF for under $5...and I'm not going to lug a new Power Mac onto BART.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I hope Apple's on a roll. It's about damn time for that stock of mine to go up.