.Mac and the iTunes Music Store

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Would you pay more to get unlimited streaming from the iTMS?

What if it came with extras like a 2nd email address (with the same amount of storage) or more iDisk space or free monthly downloads from the iTMS?

how much would you pay for

3 email addresses with 25 megs of space

200 megs of iDisk space

1 Album per month or 10 songs per month

Unlimited streaming (with playlist creation--your own radio station!)

all other current extras of .Mac...

$200 a year? more?

what if it was combined with a low cost option for $50 a year?

(50 megs, 1 5meg email, no iTMS extra (maybe full exclusive streaming?)

your thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    my thoughts?

1) shouldn't this be in Digital Hub?

2) i wouldn't pay extra for any of that stuff. ITMS gives me exactly what i need, which is easy music to download. other sites have done the subscription thing, and look at them...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

my thoughts?

1) shouldn't this be in Digital Hub?

2) i wouldn't pay extra for any of that stuff. ITMS gives me exactly what i need, which is easy music to download. other sites have done the subscription thing, and look at them...

well .mac is software (see main page), but were this ever to happen .mac topics should be moved to DH...

well im just saying there should be a bit of integration... and wouldn't it be nice if you got some free songs here and there? Like free iPhoto prints (which i have yet to use )
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    ah, i misread your first post and was asking if i'd like those things added to the ITMS...

as a paying .Mac member, i still don't think i'd pay extra for any of that stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I know I wouldn't pay any extra, but it'd be great if I got some free songs with .Mac.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    It would have been better to get free music for buying an ipod, but hey, I am not in marketing.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sledgehammersledgehammer Posts: 505member
    Well, September draws ever closer. My bet is as the 1st year of .Mac (which I still think is a dumb name) comes to a close, we may see them announce some additions, like a few free songs per month, for instance (I'd like that). They better not up the price...I got my first year for free because my dad bought it along with my sister's new computer last summer and since she had no need of it, I ganked the registration number so I could keep my mac.com email. I'll probably pony up the 100 bucks, but bertainly not more than that.