iTMS: The real test for acceptance from RIAA...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Have any of the "exclusive tracks" been showing up on P2P? No doubt this is part of the test.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I'm sure a few have, but that would mean finding a way to record it, like Audio Hijack or one of those. In my opinion, doing this for just one song isn't really worth it. Hopefully it isn't.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I'm sure a few have, but that would mean finding a way to record it, like Audio Hijack or one of those. In my opinion, doing this for just one song isn't really worth it. Hopefully it isn't.

wait can't you conver the acc to an mp3?

or once u burn it to a CD can't u rip it to mp3?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Have any of the "exclusive tracks" been showing up on P2P? No doubt this is part of the test.

Sure...

Burn to CD and rerip...

Use Toast to convert to AIFF and rip from that...

Use Audio Hijack...

Is the loss of quality worth the 99 cents saved?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Who cares what RIAA thinks except for RIAA, they've been giving it to us and the artists for years.

Ever hear of MAP's (Minimum Advertised Pricing) The record companies get store to sell CD's at a price no less than what the companies request and the stores get money and free stuff to help with their advertising, and then unless an artist is huge they receive very little of the total revenue from the sales of their music, that includes Platinum selling artists, remember TLC going bankrupt, personally I'd like to see a system where the artist gets the majority of the money

BTW how does ITMS cover compensation to the record companies and the artists, what percentage do they see
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

wait can't you conver the acc to an mp3?

or once u burn it to a CD can't u rip it to mp3?

I never thought of that. It seems unlikely that anybody would bother to burn a CD, just to rerip it so somebody else could steal it.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I never thought of that. It seems unlikely that anybody would bother to burn a CD, just to rerip it so somebody else could steal it.

well right but i ton think it is a test for the RIAA, the test is to see if people actually buy music given a good alternative to stealing
  • Reply 7 of 9
    But if the Apple Music store goes for a while without (m)any of these 'exclusive' tracks ending up on P2P networks, it may show that pirating music would be less probable if getting music through Apple was possible/so easy.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    well i bet u it is