wireless

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know that some companys make wierless cards, like nextel, sprint, etc but do they have any for the mac; I know they work for windows. If there is, list any and all of the products and links. I approciate it. .................................................. .....................................

Also the new chip fot the tower wont be called the g5 it will have a new name and its not even comming out for another 4 to 6 months possibly. I know because my friend works for apple. It will come out for the xserve first any ways.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    None of the cellular cards have Mac drivers AFAIK. Better to get a Bluetooth phone.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by wmf:

<strong>None of the cellular cards have Mac drivers AFAIK. Better to get a Bluetooth phone.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i didnt know blue tooth makes wireless i mean like really wierless no basestation stuff. name. i mean like wierless as in like the fone companys have.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Get a cell phone with Bluetooth (like the T68i or P800) and the Bluetooth USB adaptor and you can access the Internet through the cellular network.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by yoyoman:

<strong>

Also the new chip fot the tower wont be called the g5 it will have a new name and its not even comming out for another 4 to 6 months possibly. I know because my friend works for apple. It will come out for the xserve first any ways.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try and find a better reason to edit my posts, tonto.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: Miami Craig ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 7
    When did 22Mb's come out. Just saw it on MacMall. I'ts a D-link wireless access point. Say's to improve 11Mb's wireless networks by up to 20%.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Altivec_2.0:

<strong>When did 22Mb's come out. Just saw it on MacMall. I'ts a D-link wireless access point. Say's to improve 11Mb's wireless networks by up to 20%.</strong><hr></blockquote>

as far as i know the next thing after 802.11b is 802.11g which is 54Mbps. a is not fully backwards compatible with b. but g is, and at the same speed as A.