Microsoft sees the light... admits Apple strategy is better!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Microsoft is trying to go very Apple, now if only they actually produced an operating system that was worth a cr@p. The first article is from MacDaily News. The second is from The Seattle Times. This machine in this article is so Apple it is ridiculous. The designer even has the audacity to say:

"It may not be a coincidence that the Athens PC resembles an Apple machine, with rounded corners, a translucent case and a flat, wide display. HP executive Louis Kim acknowledged the similarities, noting, 'Apple is on a similar track in that they're designing with the end-user in mind and they're integrating hardware and software.' But he said the Athens was designed for functionality, not fashion. 'There was no intent to try and mimic Apple here,' said Kim, HP's worldwide director of marketing for business desktop computers."

http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P1012_0_1_0

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._winhec06.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    But have they got a decent 64 bit strategy?

Sorry it's the 970 rumours making me dizzy.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    nonsuchnonsuch Posts: 293member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chilleymac

'Apple is on a similar track in that they're designing with the end-user in mind ...' But he said the Athens was designed for functionality, not fashion.

Yeah, it's always the other guy who designs for form over function.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    This has been going on for years. Old news. Apple leads, they follow. ::+shrugs+::
  • Reply 4 of 14
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Except Apple don't actually build designs ripped off from the Spymac boards...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

If the industry embraces this new approach, Microsoft could have an even bigger role in shaping the evolution of PCs.

Hm, this wouldn't have anything to do with the growing popularity of non-Microsoft operating systems now, would it? It would be mighty convenient to be involved in an architecture that is less open. Much less open.

Sure, they'll crib from some eighteen month old Apple designs, but they'll never really innovate unless they kidnap Jonathan Ives.

No, the real target, as it has been for the past year, is Linux. Why? Because it has potential. A potential that Microsoft can not buy or control (directly).

Screed
  • Reply 6 of 14
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    This is also being discussed in another thread.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Quote:

This is also being discussed in another thread.

Which was started 27 minutes after this one.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    heres a nice pro apple write up http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9334
  • Reply 9 of 14
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    I know this was first I started it, just thought I would share the wealth, and the other thread has a different picture.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

I know this was first I started it, just thought I would share the wealth, and the other thread has a different picture.

Err.... ohhh... just forget it
  • Reply 11 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    arg...MS can't keep control of a free industry so they are trying to close it off

its a sad day because they have the power and resources to possibly pull it off and keep the computer industry for the next 40yrs
  • Reply 12 of 14
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

If the industry embraces this new approach, Microsoft could have an even bigger role in shaping the evolution of PCs. It may also help the company fend off competition from Apple and freely shared software.

Yeah...screw that free software that Apple makes, it is only the easiest to use...hell I want to pay for my software to do exactly what Apple's does...only expensive and difficult to 'play' with!

What a joke...
  • Reply 13 of 14
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Thing looks like a 20th Anniversary Mac to me. And that design is 6 years old.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    This isn't Future Apple Hardware. Discuss this here.