Apple Ukraine Site (?) on Future 970, Power4, G5 systems

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Can someone translate this page from Apple's Ukraine Site ? I am curious about these paragraphs, in particular (my bolding added):

Рассказывая о модернизации настольных моделей, нельзя обойти вниманием такую тему, как очередное поколение процессоров для "яблочных систем" - PowerPC G5. О них говорят еще с начала прошлого года, а действующие модели должны были бы уже поступить в продажу. Но в магазинах их все нет и нет. А вот то, что имеется в избытке, так это слухи.

Ситуацию прояснило анонимное интервью, появившееся в конце ноября на сайте http://www.macrumors.com. Несмотря на то, что материал и не имеет явного автора, приведенная в нем информация косвенно указывает на то, что этот человек имеет непосредственное отношение к компании Apple Computer. Анонимность автора продиктована, скорее всего, тем, что в соответствии с правилами корпоративного поведения, принятыми в Apple, сотрудника, раскрывшего подробности создаваемых продуктов до их официального анонса, ждет немедленное увольнение и, возможно, даже судебное разбирательство.

Итак, о чем же говорится в интервью? Оказывается, полностью рабочий прототип компьютера PowerMac G5 существовал уже более года. Но из-за сложностей, возникших у компании Motorola (производитель чипов PowerPC) при переходе на 0.13-мкм технологию, массовый выпуск процессоров поколения G5 все время откладывался. А затем Motorola и вовсе закрыла направление G5, и Apple не оставалось ничего другого, как забросить совсем еще новенький прототип в чулан и отправиться на поиски нового разработчика микропроцессоров. Этим разработчиком стала корпорация IBM. У нее в запасе оказался 64-битный процессор IBM PowerPC 970 (усовершенствованная модель Power 4) - на нем-то и будет построено следующее поколение Маcуов. Новые компьютеры, если все пойдет так, как планировалось, появятся в 3-м квартале текущего, 2003-го года.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    silvergunsilvergun Posts: 62member
    this is what my sherlock said:

Saying about updating of table models, cannot it went around this

theme by attention, as the sequential generation of processors for the

"apple systems" - PowerPC G5. about them speak even since the

beginning of the past year, and the working models must byli already

it was put on the market. But in the stacks their everything no and

no. But here that that is located in the surplus, so this rumors.

Situation proyasnilo the anonymous interview, which was appeared at

the end of November on site http://www.macrumors.com. Despite the fact

that the material does not have the evident author, the information

given in it indirectly indicates that this person refers direct to

company Apple Computer. The anonymity of the author is dictated, most

likely, fact that in accordance with the rules of corporate behavior,

accepted into Apple, colleague, who opened the details of the created

products to their official announcement, waits the immediate release

and, possibly, even judicial trial.

Thus, which it is discussed in the interview? It is exerted, the

completely working prototype of computer PowerMac G5 existed already

more than a year. But because of the complexities, which arose in

company Motorola (producer of chips PowerPC) upon transfer on 0.13- m

technology, the mass production of the processors of generation G5

always was put aside. And then Motorola and completely zakryla

direction G5, and Apple not ostavalos' nothing other, as threw

entirely even newer prototype into the pantry and it left for the

searches for the new developer of microprocessors. By this developer

of stala corporation IBM. In its reserve proved to be the 64- bit

processor IBM PowerPC 970 (improved model Power 4) - to it- that and

there wakes constructed following generation Of ma.chuov. New

computers, if everything poydet in the manner that it planirovalos',

they will appear in the 3rd quarter of that flowing, 2003- GO of year.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    And now in English: rumour has it that Motorola has canned the G5, but Apple has the PPC970 as a backup plan, expected to be launched in Q3 of this year.

That's just the importer's site, rather than an official Apple one, and they're regurgitating the stuff from Macrumors verbatim, which means it's the Macbidouille stuff.

Stand down...
  • Reply 3 of 16
    bioflavonoidbioflavonoid Posts: 723member
    YES!!!!!!! IT'S COMING TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 16
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WoooHooo
  • Reply 5 of 16
    bioflavonoidbioflavonoid Posts: 723member
    xStation too, eh? Awesome.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Wow, I've just realised that the Cyrillic script is rendered perfectly in Safari/OSX. You forget sometimes how things move on....
  • Reply 7 of 16
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    What the? Is there something about rumors coming from more and more non-English sites that makes the rumors more credible?

Any Mongolian sites out there??

I sense the same build up / let down cycle before the FP iMac.

Screed -- Master of Doom and Gloom
  • Reply 8 of 16
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    OOG. All this is making my head hurt....
  • Reply 9 of 16
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

And now in English: rumour has it that Motorola has canned the G5, but Apple has the PPC970 as a backup plan, expected to be launched in Q3 of this year.

That's just the importer's site, rather than an official Apple one, and they're regurgitating the stuff from Macrumors verbatim, which means it's the Macbidouille stuff.

Stand down...

Apple.com.ua looks like the official Apple site. Does the importer get to copy the look of the Apple site and use the Apple web domain?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    nilkanilka Posts: 14member
    I am sorry to dissapoint all of you who believes this is a confirmation about the PPC970. I also believed that in the beginning. The I read the whole thing, and I did understand that it was not the case. In this article we also find things about marklar (OS X on X86)

This article is just a shortned version of all the rumors that has been wandering the web the last months.

Apple ukraine have done this before, translated rumors and given it to its audience, dont ask me why, but this is just apple summing up the rumors that have existed.

And yes i do understand russian and did not use the computer translater as they really suck when it comes to translating russian.

And yes it is the official Applesite in Ukraine.

Nilka

www.hardware.no

www.amac.no
  • Reply 11 of 16
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    From what I can tell, Apple does not actually have a presence per se in the Ukraine. Instead, it seems they contract their image to "WEGA Distribution," which seems to handle Ukraine marketing and distribution of Adobe, Nike, HP, and other Western companies.

As they aren't Apple employees, they have more freedom to speak up about rumors and such. The Ukraine store probably felt it was smart to mention the PPC970 in order to dissuade any potential customers from buying a PC instead...
  • Reply 12 of 16
    God.. Its just a quote from Macrumors on some site.. Get a grip..
  • Reply 13 of 16
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Weird that Apple would allow it to be promoted on an "Apple" site though, don't you think? I guess Steve-O doesn't have the control over there that he has over here. You'd never see a rumor-site quoted on apple.com. Did anyone care to browse to the "Articles" link on that site? Mostly rumor-site quotings....
  • Reply 14 of 16
    joekjoek Posts: 93member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

Stand down...

actually it's not macbidouille stuff...

it's a ref to this article:

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/...24221123.shtml
  • Reply 15 of 16
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I thought that had been posted at MB as well, but what the hey.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Yes, they don't even pretend to claim any inside info. In fact, many online and print (for example, MacUp Russia) magazines resort to publishing outdated and/or incorrectly translated rumours. Anyway, through a lack of official announcements, they have to print something to fill the pages. The main resources are MacRumors and, to a lesser extent, AppleInsider.

Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Nilka

And yes it is the official Applesite in Ukraine.

AFAIK, Apple does not have its offices in Russia and Ukraine. These sites (Apple Russia and Apple Ukraine) are maintained by Apple's distributors: Apple IMC Russia and Wega Distribution, respectively. I don't think they even have access to any information on unreleased products.