iBook 12" blank startup from hybernation/sleep

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone experience a problem of not able to see anything on screen after you wake your iBook up from hybernation/sleep?

My OS is 10.2.5 with 384mb RAM

Please advise

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I have a similar problem with my 900 sometimes, haven't had the problem in days though, Some told me that the ibook may be shutting down while in sleep...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    macvaultmacvault Posts: 323member
    I have an iBook that does this too. When this occurs try...

1) tickling the brightness buttons on the keyboard.

2) click the power button once and then tickle the birghtness buttons

3) if neither of those work, hold down the power button for five seconds to force it to shutt down, and then hit the power button to start back up.

I wish Apple could fix this with a system/firmware update. It's rather annoying ;-)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macvault

I have an iBook that does this too. When this occurs try...

1) tickling the brightness buttons on the keyboard.

2) click the power button once and then tickle the birghtness buttons

3) if neither of those work, hold down the power button for five seconds to force it to shutt down, and then hit the power button to start back up.

I wish Apple could fix this with a system/firmware update. It's rather annoying ;-)

Hijack: Macvault - Southern Oregon? Me too! Dreery Medford for me. Where are you at? End Hijack.

My 800 mhz iBook did the same thing: Rarely wake up from sleep. Many reformats, software updates and other assorted "fixes" later, it stopped doing it. Not sure exactly sure what fixed it. But it finally stopped doing that. But that was the beginning of my problems with that computer. It was a lemon. It got returned.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ahboahbo Posts: 37member
    This is to all of you:

When this happens, try closing the iBook and opening it back up again. Does that fix it?