Left handers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Cack handers, devils paw, goofy footers, Sinisters, South-Paws etc heard it all...

I've always loved being a left handed underdog...that's part of the rebel appeal of mac computers.

I think it stems from being left handed. We natural lefties get so much heat from a young age an onwards..so we strive to outdo the dominant world of right handers.....

Interestingly we more than pull our weight when it comes to many arenas of life....

And if I am not mistaken every President since Carter has been a Southpaw..( that includes Reagan who was born left handed and was "switched' to right at school age).

So is Queen Elizabeth & Prince Charles, Paul McCartney..& as was Shakespeare, Jimi Hendrix etc etc.

So Left hand up those of you AppleInsiders who are real lefties.

& do you think left handers are the last group to need " Liberation " ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Aw quit yer' yappin' already Ned, you've got the Leftorium...what more do you want?

• Reply 2 of 42
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Aw quit yer' yappin' already Ned, you've got the Leftorium...what more do you want?

A left handed club to box your ears in
  • Reply 3 of 42
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    me! i hate everything from right handed scissors to can openers as i never manage to use them ... i use mouse / touchpad though with whichever hand occurs .. but a 3 y old kids handwriting looks better than mine when i write with my right hand!
  • Reply 4 of 42
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    north pawed but slightly ambidextrous...

my left hand writes like my right one did when i was in 3rd grade...
  • Reply 5 of 42
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    I was born a left hander and was switched when i was young to a righty. Though I am still left footed. so I skate, skii and do karate as a lefty. This has givin me quite an advantage in karate, its hard for people to second guess me and they circle into my power insrtead of away from in it.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    alex londonalex london Posts: 613member
    I'm a righty, my twin sister a lefty. JC, I've always wanted people to circle into my power, but they never do.
  • Reply 7 of 42
    colanderofdeathcolanderofdeath Posts: 1,261member
    I'm left handed. My dream was to be a left handed pitcher but alas now I am just a left handed internet troll. Though I use both hands to mouse and type so really I am more of an ambidextrious troll.
  • Reply 8 of 42
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    JC, why were you switched? My grandmother was switched when she was young, but those were quite different times.

<waves hello to my fellow southpaws>

• Reply 9 of 42
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'm a lefty too. Though I can't mouse with my left hand worth a damn. :/
  • Reply 10 of 42
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    If you guys have iBooks, you are of the lucky few who actually aren't constantly annoyed with having the ports on the left. Plug in a mouse, and you _don't_ have to wrap it aroud the back of the machine.
  • Reply 11 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

If you guys have iBooks, you are of the lucky few who actually aren't constantly annoyed with having the ports on the left. Plug in a mouse, and you _don't_ have to wrap it aroud the back of the machine.

Makes me wonder if Steve Jobs is a Southpaw.....
  • Reply 12 of 42
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I never understood why righties use their right hand for the mouse. I use my right hand for my mouse because I need my left hand, the more dextrous one, for simultaneous keyboard use. Isn't it easier for people to use their dominant hand for the keyboard and their relatively clumsy hand for the mouse?
  • Reply 13 of 42
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Good point.

You know, I think that having to use my left hand for modifier keystrokes has helped improve its dexterity.
  • Reply 14 of 42
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i'd guess a sample of lefties vs. righties at AI would reveal a much higher percentage than nationwide leftiness.

but yeah, i do most things left handed.
  • Reply 15 of 42
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I don't have a left hand.
  • Reply 16 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

I don't have a left hand.

Wha happened..did a Croc get it....?\
  • Reply 17 of 42
    well lets see, I eat, write, spank, and wipe lefty but I also do many things right handed guitar,throw, bat, wilma fingerdoo.

hmm, I just wrote my name righty and it was easy and it's legible, at least as far as a doctors hand would be concerned.

It's really great being so talented and sooooo good looking
  • Reply 18 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

well lets see, I eat, write, spank, and wipe lefty but I also do many things right handed guitar,throw, bat, wilma fingerdoo.

hmm, I just wrote my name righty and it was easy and it's legible, at least as far as a doctors hand would be concerned.

It's really great being so talented and sooooo good looking

Ahhh Master Guru

Can you do famous writing trick with Willy Winky Piss Pencil ........without use of any fingers ?
  • Reply 19 of 42
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Wha happened..did a Croc get it....?\

I'm not kidding.

And no animals or power tools were involved.
  • Reply 20 of 42
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    I'm a boring old righty, but my husband is a South Paw. Given the number of things he does right handed just to avoid the hassle (for example, he plays guitar right handed ), he probably qualifies more as ambidextrous. I keep hoping one of the kids will turn out "lefty" and have even encouraged using the left hand, but so far no takers. I still have one "undetermined" so maybe he'll be the lefty.