Cheap Beer Inside

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Dude, they rated Molson Canadian as 'pretty good', which, from the context, must mean 'tastes like ass'.

Best beer I've ever tasted: Toss up between Wild Rose Brown Ale (only available in Alberta, CA, and only on tap) and Shaftbury Paul and Tim's (which is no longer made, *sob!* since Shaftbury were bought by Sleeman's).

Best Vancouver beer: prob'ly Red Brick Bitter available on tap at the Yaletown Brewing Co. Half price on Sundays after 5PM!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Steel Reserve! The one US beverage that can compete with our large chest of Belgian brewn beer. I have fond memories sitting outside in the dark in Harlem on mounds of snow sipping a Steel. Wonderful stuff.

As for cheap stuff, the situation is a bit different over here, where Stella is everyman's pint. Or Maes, or Jupiler.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Steel Reserve! The one US beverage that can compete with our large chest of Belgian brewn beer. I have fond memories sitting outside in the dark in Harlem on mounds of snow sipping a Steel. Wonderful stuff.

As for cheap stuff, the situation is a bit different over here, where Stella is everyman's pint. Or Maes, or Jupiler.

when i think sitting around with the boys drinkin a 40, i think steel reserver. i'm not sure that this is a good thing.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    The one problem with Steel Reserve though is that it will give you the headache you deserve, even after drinking relatively small quantities of the stuff, nevermind that you're a regular drinker. Oh, and it'll make you sleep away your day completely.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I don't tend to agree with this guy. . . I don't tend to like beers that taste like water. (cough highlife cough)

As for cheap beers, it's all about IC. . . Not only does it have a cool name (Iron City) but the can is old school, and if you get it at the right place, is made of steel. It also has a pretty strong taste to it. unrefined, but good and potent. As they say, it's like getting hit by a Pittsburg linebacker.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

The one problem with Steel Reserve though is that it will give you the headache you deserve, even after drinking relatively small quantities of the stuff, nevermind that you're a regular drinker. Oh, and it'll make you sleep away your day completely.

I had that when i was drinking with some friends in my favorite bar in Breda, they ran out of De Koninck and a friend got me a Palm . this mix knocked me out the whole following day till 5pm with a big headache and farting all out. (what do those horses do with Palm that it makes you fart).

but anyway: Belgium beer is the best there is. period
  • Reply 7 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    You benelux types are pansies. ( ) I drank two Steel Reserve 40's during a barbecue a few weeks ago. Yeah, it'll make you tipsy, but if that wasn't the plan, why are you drinking a 40. . . . Anyway, I don't remember headaches the next day.

40's have high alcohol content, so once you piss it all out you have to hydrate like mad. This is standard procedure though. Even after a beer it's not a bad idea to keep some water around.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    There is nothing like a cold Yuengling Lager. I have like three cases right now. MMMMMMMM.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    My Goodness, My Guinness!
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

My Goodness, My Guinness!

Guinness tastes so good after a hard day at work.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict

Guinness tastes so good after a hard day at work.

or a soft days work as well.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Pyramid Hevel--Hoevel--HEFEWEIZEN. Or an Alakan Amber.

My husband calls them girlie beers, but I don't find that a problem.