Steve Jobs, 2nd highest paid CEO for 2002

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Interesting, despite his $1 salary Mr. Jobs managed to beat out all the other CEOs in corporate america save the CEO of Pepsi Co. Probably good since aviation fuel prices are fairly high and I hear that Gulfstreams guzzle quite a bit .

http://money.cnn.com/2003/05/09/news/ceo_comp/index.htm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Good for him
  • Reply 2 of 11
    soulcrushersoulcrusher Posts: 587member
    Good, now if Apple gets in financial trouble they can just start paying Steve less instead of cutting everyone else's salaries and firing people.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    The jet was more payment for the good job he did in all of the previous years, rather than payment for just the year that he got the jet. They really should make that distinction and average the cost of the jet over all of the years that he has been at Apple prior to the jet, but these people probably just want attention and, therefore, will do anything to get some extra publicity.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Where did all this income come from? Pixar? I thought his Apple shares were all worth zilch.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Where did all this income come from? Pixar? I thought his Apple shares were all worth zilch.

Looks like mostly through at generous stock grant.

Quote:

Jobs got a compensation package worth $76.8 million comprised of a $1 salary, a $2.3 million bonus and $74.5 million in restricted stock. Jobs received no options to buy shares of Apple, which fell 34 percent last year.

• Reply 6 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    He's overpaid....

And he has yet to increase Apple's Market share...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stunned

He's overpaid....

And he has yet to increase Apple's Market share...

I wonder where Apple would be right now if they had not baught next and gotten Steve on board. No iMac, no iCeo, no Keynote and probably no Apple. I think we're just goint to be thankful for Steve staying with Apple, and if that means paying him loads of money, so be it.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

They were so he got $74.5 million in restricted stock instead.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    His $1 /year salary sounds like tax shelter to me(?)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

I wonder where Apple would be right now if they had not baught next and gotten Steve on board. No iMac, no iCeo, no Keynote and probably no Apple. I think we're just goint to be thankful for Steve staying with Apple, and if that means paying him loads of money, so be it.

steve did not do the iMac... although he will take credit for it
  • Reply 11 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

His $1 /year salary sounds like tax shelter to me(?)

Jobs has said he took the $1 per year salary just so he could be in on Apple's apparently generous health plan.