$$$$$ " In God we trust " $$$$$

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seems almost an oxymoron to have such a motto on US money....

Maybe the "In God we trust" motto should be replaced with something more current like.......

" Read my Lips " or " Have a nice day " or even quips from hollywood could get an airing like " Are you talking to me ", "Go ahead....make my day" or even " Use the Force " etc..

Imagine Sienfeld..Yadah Yadah Yadah.....

You could even have an international version of the greenback ( everyone wants greenbacks ) that reflect the true values of the federal administration.... Mottos like....

.." Suck on this " or " We come in peace..shoot to kill " or " This much for your wife & camel ".

America... the greatest nation in the world has the dullest money....... but why be dull when you can be creative.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    "Do not eat."
  • Reply 2 of 16
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

"Do not eat."

" Made from depleted uranium "

• Reply 3 of 16
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Eugene's right, in keeping with our nation's reliance on warnings over common-sense, the new money should have a disclaimer as to the ways in which it shouldn't be used....

"WARNING: This currency should only be used for legitimate business transactions. Mis-use of this currency could result in buyer's regret, loss of income, drug addiction, sexually transmitted diseases and in some cases death. This currency contains rough binders and potentially toxic inks and may or may not be toxic (our recipe is secret) and should not be ingested in any manner. Do not inhale the fumes of burning currency. Fresh currency may cause paper cuts. Proximity to large sums of currency may result in sexual attraction and/or legally recognized social unions. Possesion and/or use of this currency releases the Treasury of the United States of America and the Government in general from indemnity related to settlements which may arise from any and all distemperate effects caused by use of this currency."

• Reply 4 of 16
    i see a flame a comin'
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Wow..... Very funny Super Dooper Monkey Karate Space Guy.

Why cant' I get your name right!

Flame war...bring it on....Only, I don't have any money to burn tho.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    The "In God We Trust" replaces the old gold and silver notes, b/c instead of money backed up by materials we just have to have faith the money is worth something, hence "In God We Trust", before when our money was backed up by gold and silver that slogan was not there, btw this in economic terms I believe is called "fiat money" or "fake money"
  • Reply 7 of 16
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I always liked E Pluribus Unum. Shame they changed it.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Who cares about that god crap? The important thing is when we get the funky looking colored money. That's what I want. Also, they should bust out with a little tacky americana or something on the dollar bills. Like a giant lava lamp or Paul Bunyan statue on the five dollar bill or something.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Who cares about that god crap? The important thing is when we get the funky looking colored money. That's what I want. Also, they should bust out with a little tacky americana or something on the dollar bills. Like a giant lava lamp or Paul Bunyan statue on the five dollar bill or something.

see ruby falls

wahl drug

tommy bartlett water show

advertising on money....think about it.......

mcdonalds

wendy's

kotex

no mo' deficit
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

see ruby falls

wahl drug

Been to Wahl Drug but I have to admit I've never even heard of the other two. :

Let's not give the administration any ideas now on corporate logos on our money. I think I'd vomit if there were a Big Mac on my cash flow.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Been to Wahl Drug but I have to admit I've never even heard of the other two. :

Let's not give the administration any ideas now on corporate logos on our money. I think I'd vomit if there were a Big Mac on my cash flow.

Then I'll swap two of yours for one of Mr Burns & Bart
  • Reply 12 of 16
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I always liked E Pluribus Unum. Shame they changed it.

AGREED. MCCARTHY BASTAGES!
  • Reply 13 of 16
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

see ruby falls

wahl drug

advertising on money....think about it.......

mcdonalds

wendy's

kotex

no mo' deficit

ABSOFVCKINGLUTELY BRILLIANT
  • Reply 14 of 16
    I think that the new secretly coded money is already in circulation. Only trouble is it starts @ face values of $10,000 or more.

The super-rich have lots of these notes..& upon committing a crime they just hand over a wad of them that read....." Get outa jail free "

How else can we explain white collar crime being relatively cost free ( prison term wise that is )....
  • Reply 15 of 16
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    someone once told me that those strips that they put in larger bills emit a small bit of radiation,differing amts for dif denominations, enough so that with a scanner of sorts you could tell how much cash a person was carrying. But this guy talked crazy all the time, sometimes it was true, most of the time he just told lies for the hell of it.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

someone once told me that those strips that they put in larger bills emit a small bit of radiation,differing amts for dif denominations, enough so that with a scanner of sorts you could tell how much cash a person was carrying. But this guy talked crazy all the time, sometimes it was true, most of the time he just told lies for the hell of it.

Nah, they're Ok..as far as I know, we've had them in Oz for nearly 30 years...the placement of the thread is altered in relation to the value of the note...

Makes those ATM machines spit out the right amount.....

But then again.....weird science maybe at work.....