x2 mistake

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hey,

to anyone who has seen x men. i was wondering if they picked this up. its were wolverine is shot in the headoutside boobys house.pyro's done all his stuff and blown the cars up. rougue absorbs pyro's powers and then seems to put the fire out with ice. is it my eyes playing up or was that scene screwed up.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robby

hey,

to anyone who has seen x men. i was wondering if they picked this up. its were wolverine is shot in the headoutside boobys house.pyro's done all his stuff and blown the cars up. rougue absorbs pyro's powers and then seems to put the fire out with ice. is it my eyes playing up or was that scene screwed up.

well, thinking about what pyro told magneto: he manupilates fire he doesn't create it.

all rougue did was manupilating the fire. didn't see any ice, though

the way i saw it anyway
  • Reply 2 of 13
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    What I didn't get about that scene was why the bullet entered Wolverine's skull. Doesn't he have an adamantium skeleton, and shouldn't it have just bounced off of it? I can see him being knocked out or stunned from the shot...but the bullet shouldn't have entered his skull.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Umm... what do you think is wrong with the scene? You say it's weird but what's weird about it?

The fact that the cop behind Pyro doesn't shoot him when he shoots fire at the cop in front of him? Yeah, that seemed strange to me. The rest seemed fine.

Oh and I think it was the ice guy who put out the fire.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, a bullet hitting your skull at a few hundred feet per second would probably rattle your brain a bit, adamantium or not.

but that's a good point.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Iceman didn't do anything. Rogue put out the fire with Pyro's powers.

-

The bullet didn't enter his skull...in fact if it had been a regular person, the bullet would have gone right through in all likelihood. What the bullet did do was hit his skull and deform as most bullets do when they hit targets.

There were plenty of nit-pickable mistakes in the movie...but what's been mentioned so far don't seem to be mistakes at all.

...oh and there's a stat out there that within 20 feet, a guy armed with knife could take out a guy with a gun...so a guy that hurls flame balls at you probably has an advantage over a guy with a handgun.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

...oh and there's a stat out there that within 20 feet, a guy armed with knife could take out a guy with a gun...so a guy that hurls flame balls at you probably has an advantage over a guy with a handgun.

I have had a lot of hand to hand training. And this stat is acurate. However it says that a guy with a knife can take out a guy with a gun. It does not say that the knife guy has an advantage.

Now, if the knife guy is a real pro and he is withen 5 feet then I would give Knife guy a strong advantange.

If the gun guy is withen five feet and has no experience with a gun then then gun guy has slim chance or none.

If a knife pro has no knife and is attacked by an inexperienced guy with a knife the knife pro will simply take the knife away, and easily too

However if you get sombody with a gun and they are twenty feet away and they have the gun pointed at you, good luck closing the gap
  • Reply 7 of 13
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Rogue touched Pyro and Bobby. No issue there.

Now, that bullet to Wolverine's head is another issue...

The tornadoes touching down 30,000 feet...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Iceman didn't do anything. Rogue put out the fire with Pyro's powers.

The bullet didn't enter his skull...in fact if it had been a regular person, the bullet would have gone right through in all likelihood. What the bullet did do was hit his skull and deform as most bullets do when they hit targets.

There were plenty of nit-pickable mistakes in the movie...but what's been mentioned so far don't seem to be mistakes at all.

give the man a prize!

by the way, from the initial post in this thread, which one was "booby" again?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    The way I saw it, Rogue touched Pyro, and quelled the fire using his power...no ice involved. Makes sense, manipulating fire doesn't just mean increasing it, and hurling it, seems like decreasing it qualifies as manipulating too.

Those tornados though, seems like they'd cause an awful lot of damage on the ground...

Oh, speaking of errors...I was watching X1 the other day, and towards the end there's an amusing line where Storm asks Toad if he knows what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning..."sane thing that happens to everything else," she says, then fries him. Same thing, apparently, that happens to everything except Storm and Sabretooth who get struck earlier in the train station. Which reminds me of another question, a bit OT: I'm not really familiar with the comic books, is there some significance in Sabretooth repeatedly asking Storm to scream?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

well, thinking about what pyro told magneto: he manupilates fire he doesn't create it.

all rougue did was manupilating the fire. didn't see any ice, though

the way i saw it anyway

thanks for clearing that up.id just seemed odd at seeing an ice like substance leaving rougues hands.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

otherwise wolverine's head would have looked like this

moderator edit:

5. Sexually graphic or otherwise offensive material is strictly forbidden.

First warning.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    not necessary any more..

thank you.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

otherwise wolverine's head would have looked like this

moderator edit:

5. Sexually graphic or otherwise offensive material is strictly forbidden.

First warning.

my mistake, sorry