Matrix Reloaded: NO SPOILER THREAD

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
All I really want to know is, are there any truly original plot twists revealed, or is this basically 90% special effects and 10% rehashed cliche lines from the first movie?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    It's definitely a sequel and more about the action than the first one, but could it not be? The story is decent. I was entertained.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    It was a pretty good flick. I have read reviews that said it would disappointing compared to the first, but I wasn't disappointed. It delves much deeper into the story of the matrix itself. But the fight scenes alone are worth the price of admission.
  • Reply 3 of 40
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    No, it doesn't suck, but I'm feeling pretty disinterested in Revolutions right now.

I'll just repost my spoiler-free thoughts from the official thread:

Quote:

I caught The Matrix Reloaded tonight with a couple of friends, right after I'd gotten out of a showing of The Pianist (which was superb).

The movie is NOT underwhelming, but it IS so completely full of itself that I never could maintain interest in the characters or story after sitting through 40 slow minutes of initial exposition. Does every character inside the Matrix have to be an enigmatic, self-important blowhard that proceeds to tease us with information about the future? No wonder Keanu is so confused all the time -- everyone seems to know what's going on except him.

Still, it's fun. The kung fu has all been done before, but the Agent Smiths versus Neo fight and ESPECIALLY the highway chase scene are outstanding, and worth the price of admission.

• Reply 4 of 40
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Go see this movie. Get off of your ass...right now. Find your way to a theater. Purchase a ticket. Get back on your ass and then prepare to be mind****ed by how ****ing good this movie really is. You WILL be blown away.

What the **** are you waiting for? GO! NOW!
  • Reply 5 of 40
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    I was not impressed with the movie. Gratuitous CG scenes that do nothing to advance either the pacing of the movie or the story (a la the last Star Wars). Fight choreography did not break new grounds (see the Chinese film Hero - don't know when it is coming to US either) nor display the elegance of the first Matrix film.

Wife liked it though.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    I thought it was terrible. The movie should be re-edited to make the pacing tighter.

The best fight scene has to be of Fishburne on the highway.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    Oh, and as I have posted somewhere else on the web:

"Matrix Reloaded.. brought to you by the following sponsors: Audi, Cadillac, and Ducati.

Warner Brothers would also like to thank Armani, Rayban, and Samsung for their generous support in outfitting the cast.

I am surprised I did not see a Taco Bell inside Zion."
  • Reply 8 of 40
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by klinux

I am surprised I did not see a Taco Bell inside Zion.

• Reply 9 of 40
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    The title of this review says it all:

Matrix sequel Reloaded but firing blanks
  • Reply 10 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by klinux

I was not impressed with the movie. Gratuitous CG scenes that do nothing to advance either the pacing of the movie or the story (a la the last Star Wars). Fight choreography did not break new grounds (see the Chinese film Hero - don't know when it is coming to US either) nor display the elegance of the first Matrix film.

Wife liked it though.

Bah. The CG wasn't gratuitous. You obviously didn't understand it and why it was necessary.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yeah, i get the feeling i'll see this once, then be craving to watch X2 again.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

I'm feeling pretty disinterested in Revolutions right now.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?????????????????????????? ??
  • Reply 13 of 40
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I mustn't fit the target demographic for this film (14-17 yr. old boys?), because I have 0 interest in seeing it.

Isn't Keeanu Reeves in it?
  • Reply 14 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I mustn't fit the target demographic for this film (14-17 yr. old boys?), because I have 0 interest in seeing it.

Isn't Keeanu Reeves in it?

Male 18 - 35.

Oh, and your lack of interest means that you're gay or have twelve toes.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

yeah, i get the feeling i'll see this once, then be craving to watch X2 again.

i have a feeling ill just watch x2 again only.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    No it does not suck, yes it does rule. Wow, simple review. Go now and see it.
  • Reply 17 of 40
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    The first movie was a fashion shoot for the "I'm a gay pilot" line of clothing, with better special effects.

Go rent the Bourne Identity, now that's an action movie with some class.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    Is it just me or do we have 2 of these threads? (possibly three)
  • Reply 19 of 40
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Go rent the Bourne Identity

oh god, that movie was terrible. go read the book first, then watch the movie.
  • Reply 20 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Bah. The CG wasn't gratuitous. You obviously didn't understand it and why it was necessary.

Oh yes, I had trouble understand the 10 minutes it took for the ship to dock and how that was vital in advancing the story...