What cell phones work with iSync Bluetooth?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello Ev'reebodeee!

I've been thinking about getting a Nokia 3650 (which is free with activation at T-Mobile!) because it has Bluetooth. It's a sweet phone, besides that.

But a review of the phone at Amazon.com says the Nokia 3650 doesn't work with OSX iSync. Is this true? If so, what cell phones DO work with it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    I'm not quite sure about this but apparently the Nokia 3650 is about as supported as the SE P800 on OS X right now, that is you can send and receive files and the phone can access Address Book functions - send SMS from your Mac... I haven't got any of those features working with my P800 yet, but ThinkSecret does have a new article promising an iSync update later this month that supports the P800 and very possibly more Nokia phones. The wait shouldn't be too long I guess.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    SuperGrover: This question really belongs in the Digital Hub forum. Anyway...

Sony Ericsson just announced that Sprint will sell its T608 in the US. The T608 is the first CDMA handset with Bluetooth. And since its a sibling of the T610, which works with iSync, I imagine it will work too.

If you're looking at T-Mobile as a carrier, you can also get the Sony Ericsson T68i, which still has the best support for iSync by far. Or you can wait for the T610 to hit the street.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 3
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    I think that it would be best to wait for iSync2 or the update which is supposed to be around the corner. That should add a host of phones and will make the choice much clearer. At the moment the choice is all about compromises, soo you won't need to.