Has anyone come across a 3D model of a 12" PowerBook?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've got a little Cinema 4D project to do which needs a dimensionally accurate model of a 12" PowerBook, and if there's a free one kicking about on the Web anywhere that I can download, it'd save me a bit of work...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Sorry, no I haven't.

But that would be a cool little idea/project for some of you 3D illustration types to compile: accurate, realistic models of Apple hardware.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    There is a TiBook model out there which looks super-detailed, but they are charging $78 for it.

Oh well, off to playing with Apple's PR shots in Photoshop. Cheesy bump-mapped keyboards here we come!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    squidthingsquidthing Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

Cheesy bump-mapped keyboards here we come! [/B]

Relief Objects and Displacement mapping are your friends...

Andrew
  • Reply 4 of 5
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Ooh, hadn't thought of that: I'm not a 3D professional, I just like to play...

Probably not being lazy and actually building a keyboard would be my bestest buddy, but I'm only really visualising a physical project, so dimensional accuracy is more important than looking purty...

Anyway, this isn't too shabby so far: at least the image fits properly!

(Scuse the jpeg artefacts, I'm just keeping the file size down)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Hey, if you're really looking for something to play with, make my iBook idea into a cool 3D model! I - and about 200 other people over in Future Hardware - would love to see it!

Details:

- 13" wide

- 8.75" tall

- 14" widescreen

- slot loading drive on right side (like 12" PowerBook)

- ports on left side (as in current iBooks)

- white gloss body (REALLY glossy!!!)

- standard iBook hinge design for display and body join (screen "drops down", as on current iBooks and the 12" and 17" PowerBooks)

- AirPort and RAM loaded from bottom

I'll provide layered Illustrator files for mapping, if needed.

Do it and I'll give you a cookie...and mad props throughout the forums anytime the subject comes up!