I can record MIDI but not hear it, and a Sibelius question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am psyched I am home now, armed with Digital Performer 4 and Sibelius 2.11, MIDIMan MIDISport 2x2 and Yamaha P200 88key piano. I can record in both but I can't hear the playback. I see the lights blinking on my USB box and the status in the apps but no sound is coming out of the speakers in my synth. I have the MIDI cables plugged in right... Anyone know what's up? And what does everyone think the easiest MIDI application would be for a n00b like me who is just trying to record music, without as many palettes as freaking Photoshop? Sibelius looks so great but if I could just get it to play back midi... It also BUTCHERS my rhythms sometimes, like when I played Gimme Some Lovin it killed the bass line that is the intro. Very simple and it didn't get it right. And when I slid down the keyboard it interpreted that as a hitting the keyboard 3 times clunk clunk clunk. Is there a setting to turn that off? I read in DP4's help I believe that this is known as "quantizing" and it "helps" you and DP4's is "non-destructive." Thanks for the help I appreciate it and have a good summer!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Check out intuem.com.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    WOW thanks looks sweeeet. Even better than Sibelius. Have you used it personally? When I played My Shorona in Sibelius it recorded it and wouldn't play back like DP4 except it also messed up my rhythm severely! I don't know if there's an option to tell it not to "spell check" my rythm but if not that's bad.