broadband service chaos

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone here dealt with Earthlink? I have personally never Ever seen a worse customer and general service from any company in my life..Your thoughts please...who knows , maybe I am the only unlucky one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    phone tag?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Sprint is the worst company Ive ever had to deal with, they still owe me $150 which they admit too and they are sending me another cheque (the first two never made it too me, nor were they cashed). But just say I dont get this cheque also, what do I do ? call them again, have to explain myself again to some customer service rep who immediatley becomes defensive after they bring up my file (I guess my customer passiveness rating is very low or something) and then just have them tell me that they will send out another cheque.

Dont Sprint and Earthlink have like a thing or something, I dont know - customer service these days on just about anything can be a real pain in the ass.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by AsLan^

Sprint is the worst company Ive ever had to deal with, they still owe me $150 which they admit too and they are sending me another cheque (the first two never made it too me, nor were they cashed). But just say I dont get this cheque also, what do I do ? call them again, have to explain myself again to some customer service rep who immediatley becomes defensive after they bring up my file (I guess my customer passiveness rating is very low or something) and then just have them tell me that they will send out another cheque.

Dont Sprint and Earthlink have like a thing or something, I dont know - customer service these days on just about anything can be a real pain in the ass.

aaaaaghh AsLan uv nailed it....Earthlink is actually Sprint or visa versa....They have hung up on me REPEATEDLY, transfer me to the wrong person REPEATEDLY , actually straight out REFUSED to give me a supervisor on the phone and on top of that they are charging me for service that Im not getting.

Got the modem but not the connection. Well they are not getting a dime out of me me anymore. Remember the days that Earthlink advertized "friendly Mac service" ? Well as of today 7 of my Mac bros are dumping their service (if u wanna call that abuse service). Christ I used to think that Cox cable sucked but Im ready to crawl back to their crappy connections.....you know what ?...companies in the US used to have good and honest service didn't they?...or that was a dream of mine
  • Reply 4 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Isn't every broadband company just a bunch of yahoos who barely even know what a "COPUTAR" is? So far I've heard of nothing but trouble from the various broadband "services." I'm glad I don't have to deal with it much... my family gets Covad IDSL at home, paid for by my dad's employer. It's all we can get out where we are, all the big companies have been promising Cable or DSL "within a year" for the last four years. And when I'm at college, I get free broadband through my school so that's not a problem.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I've read that the average turnover rate for any tech support job for just about any company is about a year.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by seb

I've read that the average turnover rate for any tech support job for just about any company is about a year.

Hey Luca thx for the comment but hmmm wondering whats gonna happen after u finish college and move outta dads. I dont mean that offensively but I think u get the point.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Kinda like cell phones, broadband is great as long it works and you never have to talk to anyone. Otherwise, everybody sucks. Especially when you combine the two. A couple months I got charged 50 bucks by T-mobile for a "free 24-hour trial" of their HotSpot service. After a thoroughly frustrating experience with their reps, I had to stop payment and sic the VISA lawyers on 'em.

Anyway, you just randomly lost your internet connection? Did you check the dslreports.com forums, see if other users in the area are having problems? For a while my cable companies' DHCP servers had issues talking to my iBook. A router would have fixed the problem, if it hadn't magically fixed itself.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cyberflesh23

Hey Luca thx for the comment but hmmm wondering whats gonna happen after u finish college and move outta dads. I dont mean that offensively but I think u get the point.

Well, I'll just deal with it then. I can't stand dialup access, and what we have at home is almost as slow... we get around 110 kbps, and the best thing is that it's always on and all the computers in the house can use it at once.

At least I know my way around networking and stuff better than most. Even if I get crappy service, I'll at least be able to deal with it more quickly than most customers, and I should be able to diagnose problems better. So, you know, I could call in and give a specific reason why I think it's not working, rather than calling in and saying "the internet is broken."
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Well, I'll just deal with it then. I can't stand dialup access, and what we have at home is almost as slow... we get around 110 kbps, and the best thing is that it's always on and all the computers in the house can use it at once.

At least I know my way around networking and stuff better than most. Even if I get crappy service, I'll at least be able to deal with it more quickly than most customers, and I should be able to diagnose problems better. So, you know, I could call in and give a specific reason why I think it's not working, rather than calling in and saying "the internet is broken."

Ok and this the last comment of mine on this subject , atleast to u.

First of all you dont seem to have a clue of what I was talking about, which maybe that was my fault in explaining......but as far of your networking talents.....spare me "the internet is broken." calls u prolly think I or anyone else is doing nowdays. I am a net adm. and designer and a midi freak dealing almost strictly with MacOs and I can personally talk with the best of em as far as tech talk, datin all the way back to like what...1982?_

Description

_

EarthLink aDSL Order Received

Yes

EarthLink aDSL Equipment Shipped

Yes

EarthLink aDSL Line Activation

No

EarthLink aDSL Order Completed

No

Im talking about a no line activation whatsoever here in 2 weeks.....from their part.

Anyway somehow Im getting the same disgust talkin about this, that i got with the numerous Elink reps.

PS: I just hope if u ever b in a position of a havin a grandma tellin u on the phone her" internet is broken" you'll show these tech talents of yours and be sympathetic to her problem or maybe you'd love to stay for 2 and a half hrs on the phone waiting to state that your "internet is broken."

_
  • Reply 10 of 15
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cyberflesh23

Ok and this the last comment of mine on this subject , atleast to u.

First of all you dont seem to have a clue of what I was talking about, which maybe that was my fault in explaining......but as far of your networking talents.....spare me "the internet is broken." calls u prolly think I or anyone else is doing nowdays. I am a net adm. and designer and a midi freak dealing almost strictly with MacOs and I can personally talk with the best of em as far as tech talk, datin all the way back to like what...1982?_

Description

_

EarthLink aDSL Order Received

Yes

EarthLink aDSL Equipment Shipped

Yes

EarthLink aDSL Line Activation

No

EarthLink aDSL Order Completed

No

Im talking about a no line activation whatsoever here in 2 weeks.....from their part.

Anyway somehow Im getting the same disgust talkin about this, that i got with the numerous Elink reps.

PS: I just hope if u ever b in a position of a havin a grandma tellin u on the phone her" internet is broken" you'll show these tech talents of yours and be sympathetic to her problem or maybe you'd love to stay for 2 and a half hrs on the phone waiting to state that your "internet is broken."

_

Don't be a dick.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    awwwww, did I hurt your feelings cuty?

(obviously another 1 that doesnt read the complete statement but just between the lines....but looooves to post anyway.)
  • Reply 12 of 15
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Dumb question, but when you get DSL, doesn't a tech come over to "install" it? It's not that hard to plug a cable into the wall, but the whole point is the cable guy doesn't leave until it works.

From what you're saying, though, sounds like you're right on to ditch them and demand your money back.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Dumb question, but when you get DSL, doesn't a tech come over to "install" it? It's not that hard to plug a cable into the wall, but the whole point is the cable guy doesn't leave until it works.

From what you're saying, though, sounds like you're right on to ditch them and demand your money back.

Actually its not a dump question....for cable instalation usally theres a tech comin over but on DSL and specifically on Earthlink you receive the modem/filter package in the mail.The instalation is very easy BUT......they still HAVENT activate my service after 2 weeks of waitin and numerous calls which the hang up on u (accidentally?) and still charging me for their service. And thats when my blood pressure started getting higher..see what I mean?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    grimsongrimson Posts: 108member
    Does it really save you that much time to type in that teenager style - "u" instead of "you," etc? Whatever time it saves, it isn't worth it. It looks childish.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    influenzainfluenza Posts: 146member
    If I were any of you, I'd be on my way over to the Better Business Bureau website right now. Just a thought.