Absolutely amazed at MOSR

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This has to be the lowest they have gone. Low enough to even make me create a thread about it.

They have not been right about much of anything for about a year and a half and mostly they just rehash what's already out there. Today's update must be the most obvious form of Mac Rumor Site BS I have ever seen.

Quote:

we have been lucky enough to see an early build of Panther that has many new features, some of which are surprising, but there is no support for Piles in the Finder as it stands as of last week's builds.

What we saw in the brief few minutes our reporters were allowed to play with Panther is pretty heavily embargoed until more details of Panther become public

In other words when the features are announced we can say: Oh yeah, back in May when we played with Panther that feature was there, but we couldn't say anything of course.

Quote:

In all, we got to see Panther in action on seven separate Macs ranging from that iMac to Powerbook G3s and G4s, as well as a dual 1.42GHz PowerMac G4 and a Dual 1.33GHz Xserve.

I'd be hard pressed to find any one place other than Apple that has all of these machines in one place and with Panther on all of them.

and there is more to come!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Why do people even waste time reading sites like MOSR? I stopped going there months ago. What a waste of my time.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Quote:

What we saw in the brief few minutes our reporters were allowed to play with Panther is pretty heavily embargoed until more details of Panther become public (emphasis mine.)

Meader is now claiming to have reporters...
  • Reply 3 of 28
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    That is funny--Meader with reporters!
  • Reply 4 of 28
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    didn't Amorph say that Ryan Meader left MOSR a while ago?
  • Reply 5 of 28
    MOSR is like a tabloid and is fun to read once in a while. Anyone remember there claim that Apple was going to release a digital hub device that has the traffic lights of Aqua on the device. That sure was a funny rumor.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Maybe they saw all this on their encrypted streaming link from Cupertino.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Macosr, has a shitload of really good downloads for all sorts of occasions & needs..So stop yer moaning...Unless you want to dig into your own pockets & set up a better site...
  • Reply 8 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Macosr, has a shitload of really good downloads for all sorts of occasions & needs..So stop yer moaning...Unless you want to dig into your own pockets & set up a better site...

Okay Meaders... we know it's you...
  • Reply 9 of 28
    No, MOSR = Mac OS Rumors, not Mac OS Resources.

• Reply 10 of 28
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

No, MOSR = Mac OS Rumors, not Mac OS Resources.

I was wondering what the hell he meant by downloads.

• Reply 11 of 28
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    few minutes -- seven macs eh?
  • Reply 12 of 28
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    tee hee
  • Reply 13 of 28
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

I was wondering what the hell he meant by downloads.

Ah Sh..t a brick...I was wonder why you guys all had your shorts on on the outside & were flying around the room kickin ass.....

[edit: fixed bad quoting arrangement - Brad]
  • Reply 14 of 28
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict

MOSR is like a tabloid and is fun to read once in a while.

This would be a good analogy, but tabloids at least have wacky stories to read (traffic lights aside). MOSR generally just alludes to stories they can't tell you.

At least the latest crop of Mac rumor sites is good at making stuff up without hedging every other word.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    Idealy, aquafire, you place your response to a quote outside the quoted text so as to avoid confusion.

• Reply 16 of 28
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    MOSR says on Thursday May 29th:

Quote:

We've only seen a demonstration of this functionality, and our recent look at developmental builds of Panther only included a few examples of it -- despite the numerous others we saw in a demonstration that included use of a new version of Interface Builder that may be distributed at WWDC in June so that third-party developers can update their applications. In fact, it's looking more and more like developers will probably come away from the Worldwide Developer's Conference with a complete Developer Release and Toolkit for building and testing their applications on Panther.

NMR on May 28th:

Quote:

At WWDC, they report, Apple is likely to promote the newly 64-bit-capable version of Project Builder as the quintessential vehicle for developing Mac OS X applications that tap the capabilities of the new breed of Power Macs based on IBM?s PowerPC 970 processor. Indeed, a select force of Apple engineers are reportedly undergoing re-education as Project Builder evangelists, the better to smooth the Mac path to 64-bit satori.

• Reply 17 of 28
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Please just remove MOSR from you rbookmarks and never go back. So they die sooner. Its all crap.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    It's nothing new. I remember a few years ago Meader was babbling about his 'encrypted video stream from Apple HQ in Cupertino' where Apple would show him and his 'reporters' all the top secret new stuff.

Ha.

I dunno about Meader leaving MOSR. As far as i know, Meader _is_ MOSR. There are no 'reporters' or even any 'sources'. Just poor Ryan Meader, alone in his parents' house.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Excuse me ... er ... why are you all that ... er ... nasty?

That site [MOSR] has its own purpose, and, you know what? I like it. Yes, i admitt, i casually browse through it. Its fun, its rumor (at least at some level) and thats it. Period.

best and have a nice weekend
  • Reply 20 of 28
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    First public suicide on AI