Fun Palm OS games?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
anything you Palm users would recommend? i'm looking for something to entertain me in 20 min. increments.

i went to look for games but saw there were hundreds, didn't feel like wading through the crap.

so, what's keeping your busy on your Palm that probably shouldn't be?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    As I am currently looking into purchasing a Clié I too am interested in Palm games... as well as all the other bits of 3rd party software for it.

So this post is an encourager!

Let us know your "must have" games... and any other Palm software that someone new to the platform absolutely cannot do without.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Monopoly. It's addicting. I've gotten pretty good at beating the computer so it's lost some of its appeal but it's still a great game.

I also like Text Twist, though the graphics are pretty rough. I toyed with Scrabble for a while but I'm just too stupid to play that game, I guess. :/
  • Reply 3 of 9
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    How about BeBop which is a crude version of the Sims. The trial version gives you three days (bebop days) and then it's $15.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Woo HOO!!!

i found the old game i used to play, that was really addictive.

Space Trader.

freeware and fun, you should give it a shot.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    When I was knee-high to a grasshopper I used to play an old WWII flying game called the Battle of Midway (I think!) at a games arcade... anything like that available for the Palm?

I remember it had some funky, oh so repetitive, old video game sound track which i can still hum along in my head
  • Reply 6 of 9
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Taipan. It's an Orient/Ship/Opium based trading game. It was an old Apple ][ classic (like Parachute/Sabatoge) and it's almost identical on the Palm.

In other news, I programmed an old card game for a 286 a number of years ago. If any of you out there are Palm programmers and want to do a port PM me....
  • Reply 7 of 9
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 157member
    Wow! Taipan! Now that's a game I haven't heard in a long, long time.

Where is the best place to get free palm games? the palm website?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AugustWest

Now that's a game I haven't heard in a long, long time.

Nice pun.

I haven't had a palm in a couple of years so I can't remember where I found it. I'm sure you could search it out pretty easily though.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    found and played Taipan. fun game.

anyone else?