Powerbook G4 No Charge On Battery

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Powerbook G4 15in 1 Ghz. I plug my Powerbook into the power adapter to charge the battery and it won't charge It shows a green light instead of the charging light.It shows that the battery is dead.I use the Hardware test Cd and everything checked out ok. The Powerbook is only 5 months old and is used only on the weekends. It is running 10.2.4 Please HELP. I don't have a clue what's wrong. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Reset power manager?

Apple Link
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Me and my son

I have a Powerbook G4 15in 1 Ghz. I plug my Powerbook into the power adapter to charge the battery and it won't charge It shows a green light instead of the charging light.It shows that the battery is dead.I use the Hardware test Cd and everything checked out ok. The Powerbook is only 5 months old and is used only on the weekends. It is running 10.2.4 Please HELP. I don't have a clue what's wrong. Thanks

Yes I did reset the PMS and removed the battery, change outlet and everything else I could think of.I went to Apple web site and found out a dozen or more people are having the same trouble.When you pay this much for a notebook, Apple should help ASAP.Going to call Apple and see if the warranty is still good on the battery. If there anything else anybody can think of Please let me know..Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 5
    skalmanskalman Posts: 42member
    Hi,

Check kbase 88077

Does the machine run from the power adapter? If not then call Apple and they will send u a new power adapter.

If the machine powers on using the power adapter but the battery isnt recgnized then call Apple to get a new battery.

note the two senarios above could also be due to a logic board failure.

If battery is recognized and the machine works to run from the power adapter, press the battery switch if all leds are blinking then there is probably a problem with the battery.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Skalman

Hi,

Check kbase 88077

Does the machine run from the power adapter? If not then call Apple and they will send u a new power adapter.

If the machine powers on using the power adapter but the battery isnt recgnized then call Apple to get a new battery.

note the two senarios above could also be due to a logic board failure.

If battery is recognized and the machine works to run from the power adapter, press the battery switch if all leds are blinking then there is probably a problem with the battery.

Hope this helps.

I called Apple and they are sending me a new battery ( no charge)and see if that helps. It must be the battery, the logic board check out ok from the Hardware test Cd. I will keep you posted what happens after I get the battery.Thanks, You guys are the greatest
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I call Apple Wednesday Morning and told them my problem and they sent out a new battery overnight (no charge) and everything seems fine now. That was fast service from Apple Great support Friendly and Im very pleased. They have me has a life long customer. Thanks for all the help here at Apple Insider too