Exposed wire on Power Adapter!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Yeah my power adapter has an exposed wire near the round connector cylinder and rubberized wire sheath. I found out about it when it began to make a buzzing noise. Well I immediately unplugged both ends and now I have 1:18 left before the "big sleep."

Do I,

1. Try to get Apple to replace the power adapter (the computer is still under original warrantee)

or

2. **** it. It's probably my fault, wear and tear, just order a new one already.

But I don't see how it could become exposed like that. TIA for your advice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Yeah my power adapter has an exposed wire near the round connector cylinder and rubberized wire sheath. I found out about it when it began to make a buzzing noise. Well I immediately unplugged both ends and now I have 1:18 left before the "big sleep."

Do I,

1. Try to get Apple to replace the power adapter (the computer is still under original warrantee)

or

2. **** it. It's probably my fault, wear and tear, just order a new one already.

But I don't see how it could become exposed like that. TIA for your advice.

I'd check with your consumer affairs office first...

Check your Apple warranty papers to see if its covered.

Failing that, you could always stick your tongue, or any other sensitive / erogenous part you like having tazered..

Then sue Apple for not putting a warning notice on the adapter, clearly warning that the practice of electro-frottage is forbidden...

That's " Nein Wanky Panky Wid Zee Shanky "

Das Ist und Dumbkoff "

for all you Euro-philes
  • Reply 2 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    didnt you already get one replaced?

you should probably get a spare one anyway... but it should be covered... call up apple and see what they say... I got my power adapter replaced without even asking for it... the guy at the GB saw that the rubber was beginning to crack and just sent it in... cool stuff...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Same thing happened to my Ti PowerBook. I talked to a local Apple dealer about it, and he just gave me a new one and took the old. Apparently they've been having lots of problems with it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Its happened a few times in my lab... Apple replaces them...