Audible & ipod hell!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Someone please help me! For over a year I've maintained two Audible.com accounts. I have successfully been able to download from both accounts and transfer the files into itunes and my ipod. When first entering a file from both different accounts it would ask for the user name and password for the file. Entering subsequent files from either account did not require entering in further information. itunes would simply play the file and so would the ipod.

Currently for some reason my ipod will play all the files associated with One audible account but not the files associated with a second account. This has never been the case before and it is seriously p*ssing me off as I've just about exhausted my knowledge in trying sort this problem out. It should be noted that itunes will play files from both Audible accounts just the ipod will no longer do this. Why???

In trying to solve the problem I've done the following:

In itunes I've tried to deauthorized both Audible accounts but have only been able to deauthorize one account at a time. When one account is disabled the other is active. At any rate this hasn't made any difference as when the account associated with the files that wont play on the ipod is active in itunes they still wont play on the ipod. i've reformatted the ipod 4 different times and loaded all my itunes files back on to it and still files associated with one of my audible accounts will not play on the ipod.

This is driving me crazy!!!! I don't know if this has anything to do with the ipod using the latest firmware (1.3) or what? But I can't go back to a older version of the software for two reasons 1) Can't find old software anywhere 2) I've since bought 22 songs from the itunes music store so if I did go to a lower software version I wouldn't be able to play the ACC files on the pod.

I'm pretty sure the problem lays with the ipod software but it could be something else. If ever I neeeded help it is now. I'm on the road alot and love listening to my Audible audio files but suddenly am only able to listen to half of them. Can someone help me??

Info

iPod 20g with 1.3 software

Itunes 4

17" 1GHz imac.

(the files that won't play are visable on my ipod but when selected nothing happens)