Any Watson/Sherlock Gurus?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I never used Sherlock before, couldn't see the point, but I have just tried Watson and quite like it.

I'd like to customise Watson with some additional plugins, and transfer one or two from Sherlock. (The translater in Watson doesn't work with Greek!).

I have downloaded a couple of plugins found on the web, their instructions tell me to put them:

Library/Internet Search Sites

But, if I drag 'n' drop to here I just get a message telling me that this folder cannot be modified.

In any case the Sherlock/Watson plugins don't seem to be in there.

So. Where are the Watson/Sherlock plugins stored? How can I add new ones to them?

I know this is probably a dumb question but although I never needed to know before...now I do its driving me mad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Watson tools are stored in:

/Users/(you)/Library/Application Support/Watson/

I've never tried dropping anything else in there...let me know if it works!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    zarathustrazarathustra Posts: 264member

Thanks, yeah that's where they go..(tested by downloading a new one within Watson and watching it appear in the window)

But... where are Sherlock's plugins, so I can try to use them too.

(btw. Got Greek to work now.... Doh!)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I'm not sure exactly. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Sherlock 3 is more of a *self-contained* app. I know for certain that Apple won't let you use Sherlock 2 plug-ins with v.3, maybe because there is no such architecture available in the new version.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.