New 10GB iPod Problems :(

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This is my Problem with my new:

10GB iPod

2 Weeks old

When ever i start it up it stays on the apple screen and then turns into a Folder with a "!" next to it. I try to restart it again and it does the same thing. So i read about the FAQ, i then restarted the iPod and soon as the Apple Logo came up i held down Forward and Backward and nothing happened. I held them down for 3 minutes and still nothing then the screen turned into a Folder with a "!" next to it again. I then plugged the iPod into my PowerBook G4 12inch and it did nothing, i tried to restore the system software but it does not read the iPod. While the iPod was connected i tried restarting it and when it was done restarting i held down the Forward and Backward button and it did nothing, The folder with the "!" just came up again. After the "!" with the thing came up it said it's ok to Disconnect for 1 second and then said Do Not Disconnect so i left it there for 3 hour's conected to my PowerBook, i came back and the Do Not Disconect screen was frozen, It was not blinking or nothing, The Computer did not read it in system restore eather, I went to Disk Utility to try to erase it and Disk Utility did not read it. I don't know what to do, i think i might just send it in... But if it takes them longer then 2 weeks to repair it i am screwed because i will be leaveing the country for 7 months on June 9th. Any Suggestions? Please help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i'd send it in ASAP. it sounds like something is seriously wrong with it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Send it in: it may take two weeks, but I dare say Apple will send it on to wherever you are.