Apple will open 20 new stores this year.....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
does anybody know where these stores will be (other than the fact that 12 of the 20 will end up in california)?? is there a list anywhere??

i assume that new mexico won't be getting one, but a boy can dream

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

does anybody know where these stores will be (other than the fact that 12 of the 20 will end up in california)?? is there a list anywhere??

i assume that new mexico won't be getting one, but a boy can dream

g

I know fo the following...

San Francisco, California

Burlingame, California

Santa Monica, California

Walnut Creek, California

Chicago, Illinois

Richmond, Virginia

Seattle, Washington

Aventura, Florida

Boca Raton, Florida

Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts

Alpharetta, Georgia

Tuscon, Arizona

Cleveland, Ohio

Possibly another San Diego store and one in the Marin area...
  • Reply 2 of 14
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Apple announced three new locations in the "20-more-stores" press release: Chicago, San Francisco, and Tokyo. I guess the others on Eugene's list are announced but not-yet-opened locations?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    It'll probably be a while before Apple officially announces the grand opening, but the Richmond store is coming Sept. 4 according to the information on the web site for the new Short Pump Town Center. Apple Computer is listed among the stores and restaurants coming to the mall. (Check the "Stores & Restaurants" link there.)

Apple has already posted job openings for that store. Can anyone with some experience applying for jobs at the new stores tell me how soon before a store opening Apple will conduct interviews?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    ok, so that is about 16 stores...so apple can put 4 in new mexico

right now for me my options are:

Albuquerque to Denver--450 miles...approx 7 hours driving

adding to that this year:

Albuquerque to Tucson--500 miles...approx 8 hours driving

proabably my only hope will be if apple opens a store in El Paso, Texas....i have absolutely no desire to go or visit el paso, but if they open an apple store i may have to....

albuquerque to el paso---266 miles....approx 4 hours

still an insane distance to go to see an apple store

i still say that apple should show just how ballsy it is and put up a store across from the intel fab here in new mexico

here

they can even take over the gateway building, i am sure it will be empty soon....here

thankfully apple is smart and will never open a store in canada

g
  • Reply 5 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    CANADA.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    earl, the downside is that you would have competition for your apple re-sale business

g
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

ok, so that is about 16 stores...so apple can put 4 in new mexico

right now for me my options are:

Albuquerque to Denver--450 miles...approx 7 hours driving

adding to that this year:

Albuquerque to Tucson--500 miles...approx 8 hours driving

proabably my only hope will be if apple opens a store in El Paso, Texas....i have absolutely no desire to go or visit el paso, but if they open an apple store i may have to....

albuquerque to el paso---266 miles....approx 4 hours

still an insane distance to go to see an apple store

i still say that apple should show just how ballsy it is and put up a store across from the intel fab here in new mexico

here

they can even take over the gateway building, i am sure it will be empty soon....here

thankfully apple is smart and will never open a store in canada

g

you should take neil young's advice and rent a car to drive to denver

Well, they say that Santa Fe is less than ninety miles away,

And I got time to roll a number and rent a car.

Oh, Albuquerque.

I've been flyin' down the road, and I've been starvin' to be alone,

And independent from the scene that I've known.

Albuquerque.

So I'll stop when I can, find some fried eggs and country ham.

I'll find somewhere where they don't care who I am.

Oh, Albuquerque,

Albuquerque.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Earl

CANADA.

The Vaughan Mills Mall opening sometime next year in the Toronto area may be getting an Apple Store...
  • Reply 9 of 14
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    That's what you think. I have scoopage. I've stood on the supposed Vaughn Mills site. No way no how that anything there will be ready any time in 2004.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Cleveland, Ohio

[/B]

• Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The Vaughan Mills Mall opening sometime next year in the Toronto area may be getting an Apple Store...

That would be excellent news. However, I would like to see one in Calgary.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

I live in El Paso, and I will say that even though our Apple reseller (CompUSA) does fairly good Apple business, it would be a mistake to build one here. The store would provide good publicity for Apple but their sales would probably be pretty low. There's a reason there aren't many big-name businesses in El Paso: it just makes more economical sense to build elsewhere where more people are likely to buy. Heck, I'd love to have the opportunity to work at a local Apple store but I'm moving to LA in August so I won't be deprived of a nearby Apple store for too much longer.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Oh

Al-o-al-o-al-o-al

Bah

Kerky
  • Reply 14 of 14
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I don't think that Vaughn Mills will be ready for at least another 2-3 years, if ever. They wanted 60% occupancy before breaking ground on one of the wings. So far, I don't think they've been able to get it. Their own market research, which I can no longer track down on the web, tries to suggest that it's within x minutes of a large chunk of the GTA. While that's true, and urban sprawl will engulf it, it's a little out of the way and has to compete with other nearby mega malls, as well as outlet store "super centers" that have gone up all around it. I think that was the original impetus to bring in "American" retail chains without previous Canadian presence. One of those American retail anchors (of which there were to be 20) was probably Apple, may still be Apple.

I think a great many retailers may just be unaware of how little work has been done at the site. Anyone in the Toronto area can go there, I don't know construction, but to me it doesn't look like it'll be ready any time soon, not 2003, not 2004, not even 2005 -- just from what I've heard about the size, I don't see how it could be built so fast when there's no evidence of any construction besides some grading that's been there so long already that it's partially overgrown with grass.