New iPods boot under 10.1.2

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
an update to the trouble I was having getting Jag to load on my new 30gig 'pod... Someone told me that Apple has prevented 10.2 from being installed on the new iPods (anyone got it to work on older models?), so to test the theory I pulled out my old iMac system disk and tried to install that. Worked like a charm, except that 10.1 take ages to start up. I've updated it to 10.1.5 and both OS X and iTunes work fine. I've had no trouble syncing the pod with X on the drive.

Though not my optimum choice - still like to get Jag on somehow, it seems to be a stable work around that will allow me to run native OS X disk utilities on my iMac should the need arise.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Step 1) Install X, and set it up how you want on an internal hard drive (or anything else that Jaguar installs on)

Step 2) Use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy what you've installed and set up to your iPod

Step 3) There is no step 3!

Jaguar is probably just more picky in what it installs on that 10.1, and refuses to install on anything it isn't aware of (like a 3rd generation iPod)

Barto

PS I'm typing this from a PowerBook G3 booted from a 15GB iPod running 10.2.6