AirPort Extreme Dial-up sucks?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Alright- so I've been at school with my new basestation complete with ethernet- everything worked like a charm.

Now I'm home for the summer and my parents are stuck on dial-up. For some reason I can only connect to the internet about once a day w/ the basestation. When I get up in the morning I can dial in on the first try (usually). But then when I try to dial in again in the afternoon- everything seems to be working right- it says "dialing" and then "connecting" and then even shows the timer. NOTHING WORKS as far as the internet goes- no mail, no iChat, no Safari, no IE, nothing.

I tried resetting the basestation yesterday, and this worked- the first time, but then I tried to dial in an hour or 2 later, nothing. again.

I've updated to the latest firmware (5.0.4) and it still didn't make a difference.

I don't know what to do and this is really making me mad 'cause I paid extra to get the modem and come to find out it doesn't even work right. Luckly I think I may have a change to go to an apple store this weekend in atlanta while I'm there.

If you guys have any advice please help me- this is annoying!

thanks

-taco

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I find that OS X sucks over PPP so ... I guess that doesn't help.