Formatting from EXT2 to Fat32

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi. I've convinced an online friend of mine to try out Linux. He was running Window 98 Second Edition. When he installed Linux he decided to dump Windows all together. Now he finds Linux "hard" and he wants to go back to Windows. The only problem is that he doesn't have a Windows 98 SE installation CD.... just his product recovery disk. I told him to make a boot disk... He used his older Windows 95 comp to make it... He popped it in and it seemed to boot up ok, according to him. I told him to try "format c:" at the A\ prompt. That didn't work. I was told by Brad and others to try Fdisk. What should he do with FDisk? He's really depending on me for this and it's getting kind of annoying. heh. How can I tell him simply to reformat his hard drive from EXT2 back to Fat32(or whatever the standard Windows filesystem format is)?

If at all possible please e-mail me the step by step instructions that I can use to help him. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thnx..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    123123 Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

Hi. I've convinced an online friend of mine to try out Linux. He was running Window 98 Second Edition. When he installed Linux he decided to dump Windows all together...

That was a very good idea. I thought people knew by now that Linux is a server OS.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by 123

That was a very good idea. I thought people knew by now that Linux is a server OS.

Yea if it was me I'd have kept it... But he's not the admin type. He was complaining how "hard" it was to install/compile programs... thought he loved Linux and its GUI(s).... o well...