Sorry ! I thought they were hiding a gun in their pocket...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Why did you closed the 'So! No WMD then!' thread ???

It was becoming interesting ;-)

Now that 270 Millions of American citizens hate us (France) because we said 'Inspections Work', and the fact is... that there was no WMD, the debate has to keep on.

Don't get me wrong... we're all very happy that Saddam left Irak. One dictator less! The problem now is : at what point can we, democracies, lie to each others. Remember that democracies are an exception in this world. And we (democraties) defend values; Truth beiing the most important.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    France didn't hate us before
  • Reply 2 of 41
    zouniczounic Posts: 53member
    We don't - have never - hate(d) you.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by zounic

We don't hate you. You do hate us now.

It's not you that I hate. It's your government.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    Why ?

On this point, our government has been our voice. Really !

Something like 75% of the populations in France didn't understand why the US wanted to go to war... it was 95% ! in Spain and 80% in GB... That's significant !!!
  • Reply 5 of 41
    Chiraq and Saddam.

You're country is the worst pack of hypocrites and cowards in the civilized world. Your country never intended to support 1441 and was in bed with this genocidal maniac the whole time. Your country threatened all prospective EU members if they supported the US effort.

And for what? Cheap oil. Shame on you.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    Oh also ... I'm worried about the sharp increase in anti-Semitic violence in your country. You do realize that Jews are being beaten in the streets of Paris and your police do nothing about it? Synagogs burning to the ground? You may not know this because your media doesn't tell you. Bias reporting. "In France. No! Can't be". You let a man out of jail that sent thousand of French Jews to the Nazis. Oh and your country send thousands of Jews to the Nazis. Your diplomats make anti-Semitic comments and your government doesn't care.

So ... STFU ... worry about your own shit ... 'cause it stinks real bad. We can smell it from here.
  • Reply 7 of 41
    Your country financed the Irak-Iran war !

By the way, Chirac was Prime Minister in 1974 (probably the time your picture is dated from). Before he was Minister for Agriculture from 72 to 74 (witch could be another time this picture could come from). Undertand that at that time, Saddam was not yet the Dictator he became. I don't like that much this guy (Chirac) but he doesn't comes from nowhere (e.g. G.W.Bush) !

In those times (the 70's) Saddam was considered as a good alternative to the growing islamic movement (Iran first) by occidental countries. With no exeptions... G.W. was alcoholic at that time. He doesn't remembers ;-)
  • Reply 8 of 41
    Oh did I forget to mention the Nuke plant Israel (that shitty little country your words not mine) had to destroy before Saddam reprocessed anything from it? France built it. Knew full well what it would be used for. Didn't care. Money to be made, cheap oil to buy. France and Russia were the major weapons suppliers to Iraq before the Gulf war.

When you point the finger at someone else you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Oh also ... I'm worried about the sharp increase in anti-Semitic violence in your country. You do realize that Jews are being beaten in the streets of Paris and your police do nothing about it? Synagogs burning to the ground? You may not know this because your media doesn't tell you. Bias reporting. "In France. No! Can't be". You let a man out of jail that sent thousand of French Jews to the Nazis. Oh and your country send thousands of Jews to the Nazis. Your diplomats make anti-Semitic comments and your government doesn't care.

So ... STFU ... worry about your own shit ... 'cause it stinks real bad. We can smell it from here.

Well there is a problem here. This is just WRONG. Or Prove what you say !

I don't know where this comes from but there is a real disinformation problem here...

1 - My associate (with wich I fouded a company) is Jew. We both live In Paris. If those thing happened and if they were alarming he would have told me.

2 - Some Synagogs have burnt. Some mosque have too. But those are exceptions. Police does its job. And there is as many ass-holes here than in your country.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    Quote:

Your country financed the Irak-Iran war !

We did? Proof?
  • Reply 11 of 41
    Quote:

You do realize that Jews are being beaten in the streets of Paris and your police do nothing about it?

We do ? Proof ! Just prove it !!!

Stupid game...
  • Reply 12 of 41
    Quote:

Well there is a problem here. This is just WRONG. Or Prove what you say !

I don't know where this comes from but there is a real disinformation problem here...

1 - My associate (with wich I fouded a company) is Jew. We both live In Paris. If those thing happened and if they were alarming he would have told me.

2 - Some Synagogs have burnt. Some mosque have too. But those are exceptions. Police does its job. And there is as many ass-holes here than in your country.

Yup. Thanks. Typical. Tell your friend he should come to the US.

This months issue of Vanity Fair has a very good article about it. But you know, history repeats.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    do you really think Jews are beatten in the streets of Paris ???

Have you ever come here ?

Do you have some friends living in France (since a long time so they could tell you what's really happening) ?

Do you like FoxNews ? Do you really love your president ?

Do you think our medias lie to us more than yours ?

Are you sure about what you're saying or are you just repeating what you've been told ???
  • Reply 14 of 41
    Quote:

Israel - that shitty little country

the guy who said that has been fired right ???
  • Reply 15 of 41
    Don't you know? As far as I know ... no.

Do find that Vanity Fair in gay old Paris.

Here's some more reading.

Lest We Forget

Oh BTW if you're going to vandalize the memorials of people who died to save you from the Germans, at least learn how to spell it correctly.
  • Reply 16 of 41
  • Reply 17 of 41
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    We interrupt this flame war to assure any French citizens that at least this American does not hate you, and never has. As for inspections, they may or may not have worked regardless, the lack of WMD doesn't really say anything in that regard. The problem precedes that issue. Back to your regularly-scheduled flame-fest...
  • Reply 18 of 41
    What can I say... You won. Close this thread !

No discusion possible... You just... won.

You're right. I will not bother you anymore. France is antisemitic... We hate Jews (the few remaining that have not been beaten yet) and we all paint some nazi signs on their tombs (those that are still here because we like to bulldozer them just for fun during our week-ends).

Additionally we admit that we built for free a nuclear reactor fot Saddam because in exchange we got his oil for nothing ha ha ha !!! Now we turn our eyes to Iran ha ha h !!! And we hate arabs too ha ha ha !!! That's the irony ;-) And we love to hate Sharon because he hates Arabs for real... like we do ha ha ha !!! And YES! we just don't care that you Americans liberated us from the germans in 1945 because we like to speack German (even if we don't undersand any word) but it's a good occasion to piss on your tombs ha ha ha !!! But I think you know that we absolutly don't respect them (your tombs) and that grass has recoverred them (your tombs) since a long time so that there is no difference between them and a public toilet ha ha ha !!! Did you ever liberated us by the way ??? I'm not sure ha ha ha !!! It's just a story after all... ha ha ha !!!

You suck.

You don't know what you're talking about.
  • Reply 19 of 41
    Ok, let's close this no-way thread.

But let's open another one talking about:

- The 'credibility' of democraties in regard to...

- The fact that no WMD has been discovered (The justification of war).

- The 'image' the US now have of France (I'm really bothered about that).

Are you OK Scott ?

P.S. Sorry for my previous post. But those antisemitic rumours about what's really happening in France drive me crazy.
  • Reply 20 of 41
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Quote:

Ok, let's close this no-way thread.

But let's open another one talking about:

- The 'credibility' of democraties in regard to...

- The fact that no WMD has been discovered (The justification of war).

- The 'image' the US now have of France (I'm really bothered about that).

Are you OK Scott ?

P.S. Sorry for my previous post. But those antisemitic rumours about what's really happening in France drive me crazy.

Don't worry about it too much. There are plenty of people over here unwilling to boil down very complicated issues into petty tirades -- American versus French or vice versa.

Besides, for those folks who can't stand France, hey, stay home: that makes for less dreck prowling for Mickey D's, getting in my way when I'm on vacation dans la France.