LDAP/NFS/SMB network auth. documentation site

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have FINALLY finished my documentation site for out LDAP/NFS/SMB network authentication system (a year later...)

We have an AWESOME working system, which provides authentication and roaming home directories for users on OS X, Windows 2000 and Linux, all through a unified account. It works great and is the best such system I have seen. All servers are running Debian Linux, and we use 3 servers to provide the services to around 300-400 users in our department.

So, I have finally finished the documentation for the site, and hope that others will find it helpful to them as well.

http://www.cs.dixie.edu/ldap/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Wonderful work, thank you very much.

The school I work at is (for the long-term) planning a similar thing. We have multiple Linux servers, one Mac OS X server and (soon) one Windows 2000 server. The latter two are there mostly to provide OS-specific features (deploying OS updates, etc.), whereas the Linux boxes are for routing, and maybe soon for network-wide accounting.

I'm sure your documentation will speed up the pre-thoughts part of our project.